Thread: Clubs near me

Clubs near me

Hiya Folks !,
    Does anyone know of any black powder clubs, near Carmarthen, I'm willing to travel, but would prefer a club relatively close. I'm thinking of going for my FAC when I renew my Shotgun Cert next year, so would like to join a place where I could serve out my probation, in time to apply for my FAC.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Also, if it makes any difference, I would probably be going for BP pistols rather than long guns, because I have a problem with my left shoulder, which makes holding things up a bit of a problem. But I'm willing to give them a try.

All the very best
    Baz

Hi Baz
    Penrhiwpal between FFostrasol and Newcastle Emlyn a really friendly bunch, give Paul the Club Sec a ring on 01267 290977

F

Hi F, thanks for the reply, I'll give Paul a ring sometime through the week.
    Do you know if they have a web site ???

All the very best
    Baz

Try

Club Contact:
    C/o The Secretary,Cae Hir

White Mill
    Carmarthen
    Dyfed
    SA32 7ES

01267-290-977

pauljoy@felinwen.fsnet.co.uk
    http://www.penrhiwpalsc.ukf.net/

Hi H, Thanks for the reply. I thought I was onto another club, but it's the same one as above. Thank you for taking the time to find this club for me and supplying the web address etc, it definately seems the closest. Many thanks !!!

All the very best
    Baz

You are very welcome - always glad to help !!

Cheers

Roy

Thanks again Roy !!!

All the very best
    Baz

Hi F,
    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, lost track of who I had replied to on this post and others.
    I was there on Sunday with my wife, was shown around by Roger, as he was the duty officer, then when Paul arrived he went into thingsa bit deeper and showed us around again . He then brought out the club BP revolvers and just seeing them convinced me that this was the type of shooting I wanted to do. But we couldn't shoot any of them, as there wasn't any grease to seal the balls, so we tried our hand at .22LR target @50m, with a BSA Martini, falling block action rifle, which I hadn't done since I was in the Army in 1982.
    One of the members Steve, had a Kentucky flintlock long rifle, which he offered my wife and I a try, but we both humbly declined
    But when he offered us his .36cal Uberti 1851 Colt Navy, we jumped at the chance It was excellent and I'm totally hooked, I know I've said all of this before somewhere, but I don't care, I'm addicted after the 1st try and have started to get my gear together already.
    And yes, they really are a very friendly bunch, we can't wait until next Sunday !!!
    Thanks again

All the best
    Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Flashinthepan View Post
    Hi Baz
    Penrhiwpal between FFostrasol and Newcastle Emlyn a really friendly bunch, give Paul the Club Sec a ring on 01267 290977

F