Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns & Wives

Guns & Wives

When I pick up an airgunmagazine my missus gives me these suspicios looks, and when I get up and reach for my wallet there is the unavoidable question; What gun are you going to buy this time ?, What do you want another gun for ? You've already got four !

How do you go around telling your missus ?
    Theory Men: They all know how it should work but it doesn't
    Practice Men: Everything works but nobody knows how

draftsmann Guest
    It doesn't get easier; in fact the opposite. I have nearer 40 guns than 4 and she still hasn't got used to the idea

Adrian

PS - best tip is to install a bank of gun safes and only get new acqisitions delivered when she isn't there, so they disappear quickly behind locked doors.....

berthaboo Guest
    mine has gave up now she just lets me get on with it i do feel sorry for you guys

draftsmann Guest
    You'll gather I don't exactly let it get in my way Stew

Adrian

Smile Mrs Sensible

My one says "You can only shoot one gun at a time so you don't need more than one" I think it must be a womans thing I don't say that about her knitting needles
    Tutchi

"What the eye don't see,the heart won't grieve!!"I only get one gun out at a time and my wife(bless her)can not tell one gun from another!!
    charlie K.

CalorGaz Guest
    I had quite a shock when my Stealth valve broke. My wife suggested the fact i should get another one as a backup just in case it ever happened again.
    Then she thought it would be a good idea, when the stealth is fixed to get a NV rig and have it on one rifle to save having to re-zero all the time !!!

However I'm beginning to wonder why she is trying to get me out out of the house shooting so often :O

CG

Gammy Feet Guest
    Well.....

Mine is great

I shoot guns.... she joins in!
    I build my beach buggy.... she joins in!
    I fix my Blazer (4x4)... she joins in!

I can't ask for more I'm luckey I guess, and for that reason and appart from the fact that she's ****** great in every other way... we're getting married on 27th August

I feel sorry for some of you guys though

draftsmann Guest
    Originally posted by Gammy Feet
    I can't ask for more I'm luckey I guess, and for that reason and appart from the fact that she's ****** great in every other way... we're getting married on 27th August
    And you think it will continue that way after the ring is on her finger?

Adrian

Gammy Feet Guest
    Originally posted by draftsmann
    And you think it will continue that way after the ring is on her finger?

Adrian
    I bl00dy hope so...

draftsmann Guest
    Don't bank on it mate. Think of all the jokes asking how you stop a woman giving you oral sex..

Adrian

My missus has just brought me a hawke endurance 4-12x50 scope!
    She's not into shooting at all, however she can name quite a few guns and can tell the difference between them, which is a big disadvantage if i wanted to sneak any other guns into the collection.
    She won't admit it, but i caught her reading an AG mag the other day. And then a few days ago she suddenly (out of the blue) said
    "i like the daystate PH6, why don't you get one of them, they look lush".

Yer OK, if you buy it for me

I wana get er started and maybe buy her an S200 or somthing. She int aving any of it though.....
    !Think before you shoot!..... always wear protection.......

TX Sniper Guest
    you could blag that u wrote for a certain gun mag and say you were just testing the gun for a few weeks, normally they forget all about it after a day or to. combat it also with "here's a present for you dear", "im under so much pressure at work lately, i need some me time, to treat myself" and "it was a gift dear i didnt buy it"
    Unfortunalty none of these worked for my mate, his grlfreind finally said spend more time with me, less shootin or im goin.
    Fair enough says ben we will go out to dinner together 2nite, book a table for 10. Shes like i knew youd understand ben, ben says actually babe well get a takeout later have a nice cosy night in, im lamping 2nite.

Sam Guest
    Simple one this really, just just sit at your desk, minding your own business, happily posting away on the forums when you stumble across a stunning young lady shooter, take up with her and all your problems are solved.

Buy as many guns as you like so long as she can use them occasionally too.

Worked for me!

Originally posted by Sam
    Simple one this really, just just sit at your desk, minding your own business, happily posting away on the forums when you stumble across a stunning young lady shooter, take up with her and all your problems are solved.

Buy as many guns as you like so long as she can use them occasionally too.

Worked for me!
    It's always that one lucky ba****d that comes along and spoils our bl**** miserable lives

Good one though
    Theory Men: They all know how it should work but it doesn't
    Practice Men: Everything works but nobody knows how