Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ev2 best pellet?

ev2 best pellet?

hello all im new to the hft sport, and lucky to get a mint (3 month old) ev2 mk2 and i put on it an mtc 10x44 scope. I was recently at my new club checking it (wow) and was using old accupells and premiers through it. (from my old shooting days) While i know accupells are now hard to find, and perhaps a wee bit light? i was wondering if any one could save me the time and money and suggest a decent long range pellet for hft that works well with ev2 mk2, or should i stick with accupells?. Im only in this for fun at the mo, so i guess its an expensive plinker, but shooting holes through a pellet tin at 50 yards brought me happyness!! ;-)
    (easily pleased me)
    To another question, what is the differance between accupells and prems?

Thanks all!

Hi

try out AA fields, JSB exact or Daystate F/T in 4.52 head size for a start.

Each barrel will like something different, so try out a pell pack to try out different ones also (any excuse to shoot)

Have fun

ATB

Phil
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

I've got an EV2 Mark 1 and it loves AA Fields in .177 (5.51) the 4.52 head sizes arent bad either. But 4.51 are just that little bit better.

Also the Daystate Selects are quite good, but havent done enough testing to proove that is so..

Thanks

AD K
    Last edited by AD_K; 16-07-2008 at 09:32 PM.

thanks ll get a tin of aa in 51 tomorrow. Allso I have posted in the for sale and as yet nothing has shown (about 3 hours ago) am today new here, do you have to be here for a while before i can post?? Thanks.

Er no mate, should go straight on...

One here
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293893

and one here
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294667

Cheers!

AD K

alan-aitch. is offline Burris Burris Burris Burris Burris Burris
    Hi Adam,

How you doing ?

I tried 5.51's in that EV but found them a bit tight

Alan.

best pellet...?

I asked the same question a week or so ago.... I got one reply saying that Mosquito's seem to go well through the EV2.

I decided to run a trial last weekend. I tested... Mosquito 4.52, JSB Exact 4.52 and Datstate Select 4.52.

Before going on the range, I put 10 of each pellet through the chrono. The results were very close. All had a 10 fps spread. JSB and Daystates were vertually identical and the mozzies had a slightly higher FPS (as you would expect from a lighter pellet), but all pretty good.

So to the bench rested test on a 50yd target:

Apart from the slight POI for the mozzies, all three types gave a grouping of about 1". There was little to no wind, but it was possible that one or two were slightly wind effected, but my conclusion was that they were all about the same..!

Feeling disapointed, I got out my Pro-Target. This is a carbine version, with a UK Neil air stripper. Using my usual JSB 4.52 lubed pellets, I managed clover leaf groups at 50 yds...!

My conclusion is that the EV2 may prefer 4.51's or simply that the barell is not worn in yet..? I've probably only shot 1000 pellets through it, so I need to be patient.

One thing I've learned: Don't put lubed pellets through the EV2! The barell gets dirty very quickly. This deffinately does effect POI.

...for what it's worth

Finners
    Ripley AR5S, EV2 Mk2, S400C, HW98, Walther LGU, Walther LGV Comp-Ultra & Prosports x2..... but can only shoot one at a time..!!

try crossman 7.9 prems been hittin 1inch group out to 80yards! but mine is just reaching the2000 mark on pelet that have gone through it, and from 1000 to 2000 it was getting more and more accurate.

...getting more accurate

Thanks brassmanrich, that's worth knowing. I'll try a few prems see what they are like.
    As you say though, might just be that I need to get more lead down the barell to get more consistant results...... I'll persevere.

Finners
    Ripley AR5S, EV2 Mk2, S400C, HW98, Walther LGU, Walther LGV Comp-Ultra & Prosports x2..... but can only shoot one at a time..!!

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanrich View Post
    try crossman 7.9 prems been hittin 1inch group out to 80yards! but mine is just reaching the2000 mark on pelet that have gone through it, and from 1000 to 2000 it was getting more and more accurate.

That I would like to see. 80 yards with a legal limit air rifle? All I can say is that you are lucky that Garyc isn't on this site any more.
    Either that or you are the best undiscovered shot in the UK.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmanrich View Post

I reckon you've got more chance of being visited by an alien then doing what you say you did.

Have you tried the 7.5grain Defiants. They are superb in mine. And you can run them around 840fps.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-wolf View Post
    Have you tried the 7.5grain Defiants. They are superb in mine. And you can run them around 840fps.
    You've done it now Neil, I've just ordered 1000, 4.52mm Defiants, to try. Fingers crossed they work in my EV2 Mk.2, or the Pro-Target maybe. We shall see. Regards ... Geek
    PauL H. - Shotgoon
    Brownings: 1999 Ultra XS; 2004 B525 Field; 2010 Maxus Hunter: Air Arms 1998 Mk.2 Pro-Target, 2001 Mk.2 Pro-Sport & 2003 S400C

Quote Originally Posted by Gungeek View Post
    You've done it now Neil, I've just ordered 1000, 4.52mm Defiants, to try. Fingers crossed they work in my EV2 Mk.2, or the Pro-Target maybe. We shall see. Regards ... Geek
    Hi Paul, some of the top lads have tried the Defiants and they had superb tight groups at all ranges. Some of the lads complained of an unexplained flyer every so often. I put a full charge through the EV2 which was roughly 80 shots and didn't get a flyer at all. 35yds 1 hole 80 shot group. They were ok in the EV, but the Zenith hated them.
    Let me know how you get on with them. Regards. Neil.

...interesting!

Please post you findings on the Defiants Geek.

Thanks,

Finners