Thread: Crosman Ratcatcher 2250b

triker-phil Guest

Crosman Ratcatcher 2250b

HI BBS PEEPS IM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT OLD TO THE SPORT OF AIRGUN SHOOTING AND HUNTING APROX. 30 YEARS EXP. FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS I HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY DISPENSING RABITS, CROWS AND THE ODD WOODY WITH A STANDARD RATTY 2250B WITH THE FREE GRATIS 4X15 SCOPE AND A SMK SOUND MODERATOR THE KIND MAN AT THE SHOP THROUGH IN WITH THE DEAL, I PURCHASED IT OUT OF CURIOSITY MORE THAN ANY THING ELSE AS YEARS AGO SHOOTING BBS OUT OF AN AIR RIFLE AT THE FAIR GROUND FED BY A COMPRESSOR I CONTEMPLATED ON HOW A CO2 GUN WOULD COPE IN OUR TEMPERATURES OUT IN THE FIELD (NOT BAD IF YOU KEEP THE POWERLETS WARM).
    RECENTLY THE RATTY HAS STARTED TO SUFFER, THE NOT VERY PRO BLOCKS DONT HOLD THE SCOPE VERY STURDY AND IT HAS TO BE RE SET TO ZERO BEFORE EVERY OUTING, TAKE THE SCOPE AND BLOCKS OFF AND THE BARREL MOVES ABOUT, CANT USE THE OPEN SIGHTS AS THE SOUND MODERATOR HAS REPLACED THE END SIGHTS ANYWAY. TIME FOR A RETHINK, DONE A WEB SEARCH AND FOUND LOADS OF RATTY MODS AND OTHER PEOPLE THAT LIKE THESE STRANGE PIECES OF AMERICAN PLASTIC AND STEEL.
    THE PLACES TO ORDER FROM AND THE PEOPLE TO TALK TO ALL TO BE FOUND RIGHT HERE ON BBS, SO ON ORDER IS A METAL FRONT AND REAR DOVETAIL BREECH, NEW O RINGS, NEW HAMMER SPRING AND IVE DONE THE TRIGGER MOD ALREADY (WHAT A DIFFERENCE WHO WOULD HAVE BELEIVED THAT WITH A BIT OF A FILE AND POLISH IT WOULD NEARLY FEEL LIKE A REAL TRIGGER ACTION)
    HAS ANY BODY OUT THERE PUT A RATTY STOCK ON TO A CROSSMAN PISTOL AS I WANT A PISTOL GRIP TO FIT MY RATTY ?
    PLEASE DONT TELL ME I CANT AS THE RATTY IS TOO POWERFUL TO USE AS A PISTOL IN THIS COUNTRY AS I AM GOING TO MAKE A BENT SINGLE STEEL ROD SHOULDER STOCK WHICH WILL TAP INTO THE HAMMER SPRING END CAP WHEN REQUIRED. THE REASON FOR THIS MOD. IS FOR EASE WHEN SHOOTING FROM THE CAR WINDOW AT WORK WHEN THOSE PESKY RABITS ARE RIPPING UP THE THE TURF LAWNS AND DIGGING IN THE FLOWER BOXES.
    I DO HAVE A VULCAN/8X56 COMBO WITH A GAS RAM FITTED AT NEAR TO THE LEGAL LIMIT BUT THE LITTLE RATTY AS A PISTOL FROM THE CAR WINDOW WHEN DRIVING THROUGH THE ESTATE IS SO EASY AND VERSATILE AT CLOSE RANGE, TRY IT RATTY OWNERS, TAKE THE STOCK OFF FOR A FEW SHOTS AT A TARGET EVEN WITH THE MODERATOR I CAN DO A ONE HANDED SHOT WITHOUT WOBLE AND PLINK CANS WITH EASE.
    WELL THATS MY FIRST POSTING AND ANY ADVICE ON PISTOL GRIPS WILL BE GREATLY APP. PEOPLE, IS BENJAMIN SHERIDON A MEMBER AS HIS WOODEN ONES LOOK NICE LOL.

Snapshot. Guest
    Please would you repost this using a normal mixture of upper and lower case so we can actually read it. It's just too much like hard work when you're shouting.

Jonathan

I'm not going to try to read it either.

But I have some details of Ratty mods - www.ora8i.co.uk

or try the ultimate 2250 resource -

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/275684

Regards Ora

triker-phil Guest

A nice welcome !

Very sorry but as I said I am new to this forum so I will not repost this time but I will remember how YOU sorry you like it next time, I still havnt worked out what all the bells, buttons and whistles do on here yet ! please give a newby who spends more time out in the fields than on the computer a chance.

your very welcome, i like you am fascinated by crosmans and co2 as a propellent i have a very tuned king ratcatcher with temperature controlled bulk cylinder, allows cold weather shooting ,the crosman is by far and away my favourute i suppose having sort of created it myself has something to do with it ,anyway happy co2 shooting and i could,nt care less if you post in capitals or not .

engineer ,

triker-phil Guest

cheers engineer

Thanks for that, yes I have read a few of your postings which came up during my web searches and your mods led me to check out cooper-t bulking as I have contemplated in refillable bulk air after I use up the 50 or so co2 powerlets I have left, I cant find a UK outlet for cooper-t though any advice ?

they dont have a u.k. outlet ring them after dinner time they will post anything you want they are in buffallo nice people to do business with

engineer

Ravenskull Guest

Re: Crosman Ratcatcher 2250b

Originally posted by triker-phil
    HAS ANY BODY OUT THERE PUT A RATTY STOCK ON TO A CROSSMAN PISTOL AS I WANT A PISTOL GRIP TO FIT MY RATTY ?
    PLEASE DONT TELL ME I CANT AS THE RATTY IS TOO POWERFUL TO USE AS A PISTOL IN THIS COUNTRY AS I AM GOING TO MAKE A BENT SINGLE STEEL ROD SHOULDER STOCK WHICH WILL TAP INTO THE HAMMER SPRING END CAP WHEN REQUIRED. THE REASON FOR THIS MOD. IS FOR EASE WHEN SHOOTING FROM THE CAR WINDOW AT WORK

hmmm, sounds like you are after building a diy m3 "greasegun", or something along the lines of the paratrooper version of the DeLisle carbine.
    Last edited by Ravenskull; 20-05-2004 at 07:16 PM.

Email me your address and I'll send you a pair of 1740 pistol grips that will fit.

Mick
    Another Old Git.

The Birdman Guest
    Here you go, Converted the original message for those of you who want to read it:

Hi bbs peeps im new to this forum but old to the sport of airgun shooting and hunting aprox. 30 years exp. For the last few years i have been very happy dispensing rabits, crows and the odd woody with a standard ratty 2250b with the free gratis 4x15 scope and a smk sound moderator the kind man at the shop through in with the deal, i purchased it out of curiosity more than any thing else as years ago shooting bbs out of an air rifle at the fair ground fed by a compressor i contemplated on how a co2 gun would cope in our temperatures out in the field (not bad if you keep the powerlets warm).
    Recently the ratty has started to suffer, the not very pro blocks dont hold the scope very sturdy and it has to be re set to zero before every outing, take the scope and blocks off and the barrel moves about, cant use the open sights as the sound moderator has replaced the end sights anyway. Time for a rethink, done a web search and found loads of ratty mods and other people that like these strange pieces of american plastic and steel.
    The places to order from and the people to talk to all to be found right here on bbs, so on order is a metal front and rear dovetail breech, new o rings, new hammer spring and ive done the trigger mod already (what a difference who would have beleived that with a bit of a file and polish it would nearly feel like a real trigger action)
    has any body out there put a ratty stock on to a crossman pistol as i want a pistol grip to fit my ratty ?
    Please dont tell me i cant as the ratty is too powerful to use as a pistol in this country as i am going to make a bent single steel rod shoulder stock which will tap into the hammer spring end cap when required. The reason for this mod. Is for ease when shooting from the car window at work when those pesky rabits are ripping up the the turf lawns and digging in the flower boxes.
    I do have a vulcan/8x56 combo with a gas ram fitted at near to the legal limit but the little ratty as a pistol from the car window when driving through the estate is so easy and versatile at close range, try it ratty owners, take the stock off for a few shots at a target even with the moderator i can do a one handed shot without woble and plink cans with ease.
    Well thats my first posting and any advice on pistol grips will be greatly app. People, is benjamin sheridon a member as his wooden ones look nice lol

triker-phil Guest

saved me about 3 hours

Thanx Birdman it took me ages to two finger type the first post unaware people didnt like reading the upper case thingy stuff, it doesnt bother me but Im not a regular reader of text anyway, maps and geological surveys are what Im used to up here on the roman wall lol to convert that lot you must have some patience, thanx again.

Ravenskull Guest
    the problem wasnt so much that we dont like reading it, as that:
    a) on the bbs, we generally use capitals to denote shouting/to emphasize a point.
    b) have you ever tried reading a large post in caps? it gives me eyestrain.

triker-phil Guest

OK I GET THE point !

This is the last time I am going to say SORRY and yes Im shouting, I get the point ! as I said Im a NEWBIE and I didnt know about the upper case shouting thingy and no I dont read much text as I have already stated, and I am not on a computer that much, usualy out in the fields gun in hand.
    Please accept my ignorance on this subject and let it drop, it wont happen again as it takes me too long to type the replies with two fingers and Im sure you all have more interesting things to comment about.

roblade is offline Time for a coffee........;-)
    welcome to the board Phil

i really wouldnt worry about the case of letters its just a lot of the old timers on here like to spend 30 mins looking for their specs, if they rember where they actually put them!LOL

they just get grumpy if they find something they dont have to get thier specs out for.

but we are a friendly bunch (most the time) and hope you get your ickle ratty sorted out

all the best

ROB
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) the bunnies are coming!
    (")_(") THE BUNNIES ARE COMING!!!!!

to spring? or not to spring? that is the question. oh sod it get them both!!!!

triker-phil Guest

cheers Rob

Like most people I learn by my mistakes and some cost more than others, the words "I do" springs to mind lol. hope she doesnt read this
    Regards
    Phil.