Thread: FWB 300S Manual

FWB 300S Manual

Please excuse any mistakes as this is my first attempt on a forum.
    Iam lucky enough to have become the proud owner of a FWB 300S and I would like a manual so that I may service it. I have only just finished servicing my Anshutz 250 and managed to find a supplier for the seals used in the recoil damper unit.

The best stripping instructions that I have seen for this rifle are in "Air Rifle and Air Pistol Maintenance & Repair" by Q.Cobham (Mini-Maxi Publications). A book well-worth buying that easily repays for itself and the author will answer queries that you may have.

Fwb300s

The official manual states "this gun does not require any servicing" or words to that effect! The gun is said to be good for 1/2 million shots before needing possibly a new piston ring, spring, comp tube seal, buffer washer. The only useful info in the manual is instructions on adjusting the sights and trigger.
    Try googling yahoo club for FWB300S. If you register you will have access to the database of the FWB300s, inc the manual.
    Best test for the state of the gun is to chrono it. Should be doing around 600fps with Hobby pellet (7gr). If below 560fps may need work. Most replaced item is the compression tube seal which you can see after cocking the gun. Later seals are blue. If the seal is white/yellowish it is very old and probably needs replacing.

A great gun and everyone should have one!

Mike95

HI,

I recently got one too.

The manual is available for download on the web - 5 minute search shoudl find it. But it doesnt go into servicing details.

Ther is also a field strip web page for this gun at www.pilkguns.com

HHT

Rgds

Russ

Above

Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

Talking Information on FWB 300S

Thanks to everyone for all the information you have given to me.
    I hope to return the favours sometime.

themech.