Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HFT and Vintage air rifles, some form of competition incorporating old classics.

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    ian if you bring your beeman sport i promise not to drool on it
    what do you think
    cant promise gary wont though
    he is getting feinwerkbau envy lately

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    cant promise gary wont though
    he is getting feinwerkbau envy lately
    Gary is a big strong lad and although Im a black belt in the ancient art of Eckky Thump if he wants to dribble on my 'Sport he has my permission.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Gary is a big strong lad and although Im a black belt in the ancient art of Eckky Thump if he wants to dribble on my 'Sport he has my permission.

ATB
    Ian
    That he is, however I shall let him 'av' a go with my Jackals again any time. Though it will be by close observation
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Gary is a big strong lad and although Im a black belt in the ancient art of Eckky Thump if he wants to dribble on my 'Sport he has my permission. .

ATB
    Ian
    You know I would'nt dare dribble on any of your cherished guns Sensei Jones or an enraged BBS parts Guru and black belt 10th dan in Ecky Thump moving in a blur of sheer speed, would launch a fast moving Bury black pudding with enough power to DOWN A BULL ELEPHANT , there'd be nothing down for this here poor impoverished wagon driver .

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    That he is, however I shall let him 'av' a go with my Jackals again any time. Though it will be by close observation
    Thankyou young Pad , I'll take you up on that, the Combat is top of the list for me buddy .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Thankyou young Pad , I'll take you up on that, the Combat is top of the list for me buddy .
    No worries my good fellow

Though I shall load it, I might even press the trigger for you aswell

You have PM
    BE-HAPPY-OK

If it's going to be old AA's I'll bring my SE90.

Mind you the kills will have to be big as it's a .22 which are very fat pellets

ATB
    Ray.

Not long off this event now.

Ive dusted off some of my collection which I will be bringing on the day and made a personal note of which are zeroed.

ATB
    Ian

I'm looking forward to it as well, can't wait

I'm even going to wear my 'vintage' camo's from the 80's 'American Trebark' just for the occasion
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Got my Mk2 Meteor out last night, thought I had better get some practice in.
    Eyes are not what they were 45 years ago when I bought my first Meteor, and that trigger!
    Looking forward to a great day and at the same time supporting a worthy cause

Eyes are not what they were 45 years ago when I bought my first Meteor, and that trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    And your stuttering got far worse.

ATB
    Ian

Going from South Manchester, if anyone in Manchester needs a lift to this happy to pick them up.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    After reading a few posts about the forthcoming Bisley event especially for classic and collectable air rifles. I was thinking would it be possible and more importantly would there be any interest from members to incorporate a classic/collectable event, either a side shoot or even some form of competition on a suitable range and as yet to be agreed number of targets into future HFT comps providing there is room on the host clubs range for this extra shoot.
    To make it interesting there could be an open sights policy with standard cord resettable knockdowns at a max of 35 yards down to 10 yards.

Or possibly classes, say for instance class A for the rifles with open sights. And class B, period rifles with contemporary telescopic sights, no mildots allowed. Apart from that still the standard HFT rules 1 point faceplate 2 points for a knockdown.

I spoke to Pete Sparks this morning and he's all for the idea, club space allowing.

Any interest, input or ideas from members on this.
    Did the last Tawd comp with a Crosman 600 pistol(with special dispensation from Tawd) would that count?

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by el maipino View Post
    Going from South Manchester, if anyone in Manchester needs a lift to this happy to pick them up.
    Nice to see ya at Sandhall last Sunday dude.......remember the silly looking King Ratcatcher?

Cheers.

Roy.

Sorry 4 the thread hijack.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Hello Roy

Loved the ratcatcher and it gave me the kick I needed to start making my own stock. Lovely gun mate.

Patricio