Thread: S410 Mag Cycling Spring

Chris Slater Guest

S410 Mag Cycling Spring

Seeing as how Air Arms can't be a***d replying to my email enquiry about ordering details, does anybody know where I can get hold of the small, spring steel item that cycles the mag? Mine gave up the ghost last weekend after a good few 1000 rounds, so I'm left without the autoload facility.

Much appreciate any (decent) suggestions.

Send them a SAE with a note detailing what you want and they'll send you one FOC. A phone call to them on the number shown on their website will get you an immediate reply.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

alisonmarshall Guest
    I've found Air Arms to be very helpful in the past.
    I had the same spring problem. A phone call and 2 days wait for post and I had a new spring.

When you get your new spring, match it up with the old. A bit of jiggery-pokery with a small pair of pliers and you shold be able to bend the old spring back to a working shape.
    Keep the new one as a template untill the old one is to warn to bend back any more.

Alison

Chris Slater Guest
    Thanks, guys - I'll give them a call (this email mullarky is making us a bit too lazy in the phone call dept.. Or is it just me?).

Skimmer Guest
    Suprising, I have found them very quick to respond to questions and requests.

AA sent me some new buffer beads the day after I emailed them,

I am sure those beads on the TXHC are made of cheese I have broken 3 already

The Birdman Guest
    I've found Air Arms the same as BSA, They don't respond to emails. Call them up and they are as helpful as anything. I've also found Air Arms more "Generous" than the rest and won't want paying for little things like springs and screws etc. Like someone said "Just send a SAE" and you'll get what you want.

Originally posted by The Birdman
    I've also found Air Arms more "Generous" than the rest and won't want paying for little things like springs and screws etc. Like someone said "Just send a SAE" and you'll get what you want.
    I must of caught them on a bad day then.

"Ring B.A.R. who normally keep this as a spare." I did. Got their last one (some months ago now), £9 including next day delivery IIRC.

To be good, one must do good.

Chris, AA have a minimum order of £15 to the public. Better to give John Rothery a ring (01730 268011). They'll be able to sort you out with the indexing post, without the minimum charge.

HTH,

Jonathan.

Chris Slater Guest

Humble Pie

I take it all back! Thanks to Davestate (& Air Arms), I received my gratis indexing post - which comes complete with cycling spring - in the post today, for the price of a sae.

I also received an email from AA telling me to go to BAR, where I could pick one up for £7.

I'm all happy again.

Glad your sorted Chris.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.