Hiya Folks, I've recently become interested in muzzle loader shooting and theres something that's been bothering me. There seems to be a definate division between those who shoot brass framed revolvers and those who shoot steel, in that the brass shooters say there's nothing wrong with having a brass frame and the steel shooters, say they're not as safe as having a steel frame. I agree that steel is stronger than brass, but surely, the pistol frame must be made to a standard, where it will be safe to shoot throughout the life of the pistol, shouldn't it ???
Or is it a case of, "I've got a steel framed pistol and you only have a cheap brass framed one"

Personally I like the look of the brass frame, but some of the comments I've read on various web sites have got me thinking about the safety aspect of shooting one. Plus there's the other question of, one piece frame and open frame, ie, Remmington & Colt, can anyone enlighten me of any differences in accuracy and parts longevity etc.

This muzzle loading business is very confusing, but VERY interesting and I'm off for my 1st visit to a club near where I live (thanks to harricook and others for pointing me in the right direction ) tomorrow to have a look around and see about joining (and hopefully get to shoot a few rounds from an ML pistol)

Any help with my questions will be very much appreciated !!!

All the best
Baz