Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brass frame or Steel frame

Quote Originally Posted by LONG REACH View Post
    Personally I like the look of the brass frame, but some of the comments I've read on various web sites have got me thinking about the safety aspect of shooting one.
    Baz,

There are no worries with regard to safety as far as a "brass" framed B/P revolver are concerned. Nor are there any worries about longevity. We have a brass Pietta .36 Colt Navy as one of the club guns. It's been with the club, after being bought second hand, for about 20 years. Certainly since the handgun ban, it's been used every week!

The "brass" used in the frames are not brass in the true sense, but an alloy which gives the appearance of such. It really is a moot point, much reminiscent of the argument concerning steel/alloy frames on semi autos or steel/alloy frames v polymer frames, ack in the 80's.

Even Henry, Rossi and Uberti are making "brass" framed rifles in some pretty potent cartridges.....

You go for what floats your boat! Shooting is about enjoyment!

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply. Well I did it for the 1st time today and I'm hooked, I can't think of any aspect of BP shooting that I don't like, even the cleaning, I find enjoyable, if not therapeutic
    And yes after speaking to a number of people at the club about the brass v Steel frame, they all say the same as you have said, so as you say, "no worries"

p.s. Just got to serve my probationary period, then go for the FAC, then see what toys are out there . Although saying that, the club sec, has got a Uberti .44 cal Remington NMA, which he said he would let go for £60.00. Hmmm, I wonder if he will wait 6 months

All the best

Baz

Thanks for the reply Gunny, I do agree with you about it being a way of life. I think that's why I wanted to do it, because there's so much involvement. It's not just a case of chucking 6 cartridges in the cylinder and letting rip, each part of the reloading process, has it's own little quirks and techniques, which everyone seems to do the same, but in their own way, so it seems, you will never finish learning, as long as something can be done differently (as long as it suits the way you do things )

All the best
    Baz

Baz, you can still buy it even if you not got your ticket, if you like it and to me it sounds like a bargain, then have a word with local RFD, see if he will store it for you, that way matey gets the sale and can clear the slot on his ticket, and as soon as your ticket arrives you got a gun ready to go.

Thanks for that info Tony, I will have a word with the owner of the place where I do most of my purchases and see what he say's.

Cheers mate !!!

All the best
    Baz

Wink

That's a very fair price especially for a Uberti.

Quote Originally Posted by john paul View Post
    That's a very fair price especially for a Uberti.
    Hi JP, I know, that's why I must find a legal way to have it, that will suit us both and the law

All the best
    Baz

http://killer.iweb.pl/Czarny%20proch...ccessories.pdf

Above will interest you, Henry Krank catalogue.

Above should open on the page with the Roger and Spencer, now the more I look at these the more I'd like one. Its authentic - not like your Rugers, though the Ruger is supurb, you can cap them easy, and the grips are for people with normal size hands.. Ahhh the Remington perfected.

Hi JP, I think we're on the same wavelength I had already printed off the muzzle loading pistols and accressories part of the catalogue, as I like to have things at hand
    I've been on loads of websites, both in the UK and US, to source pistols, spare parts and accessories and it seems like, Midway UK and Dixie Gun Works, in the US are quite reasonable (even with the shipping charges from the US)
    Henry Krank seems to have a vast amount of equipment, but I've heard so many bad things about them, regarding waiting times for parts etc and them being unhelpful and sending the wrong parts (and that's not just on here !!!), but I have no personal experience of this, so I'm just going on other peoples past experiences, but I don't want to get stung . I like to stick with one or two companies, so you can build up a rapport with them, but if HK are as bad as I have heard, I would rather spend my money elsewhere. Which is a pity, because they have some very desireable stuff.

Anyway, I hope I can get something sorted out, so I can really get involved in the Dark Art !!!

All the best
    Baz