Thread: John Bowkett Super Ten

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde

John Bowkett Super Ten

I think its like the Subaru cars thing, Subaru make good cars, some would say great, then STI get hold of them and make them go even faster and far far smoother. Its the same with the JB Super Ten, it was a good gun then he got his hands on it . Mine is set at 32 ft/lb with JSB/AA pellets and works well with them but i tried Biz Mags and they are even better. The grouping i got with them was amazing at 60 yards. I zero at 50 yards and its a one hole group at 50 yards with ease. I have taken it out to 85 yards on paper and its still amazing . I always thought that FAC rifles were never as accurate as sub 12 ft/lb rifles, well with this one it certainly is not the case at all. The gun keeps surprising me every time i take it in the field. I have heard that the Rapid's are also good in FAC but i don't get how they could be any better than this Super Ten , everything about it works so well, the trigger is spot on and the weight is fine for an all day hunting trip.The other thing was the JB moderator, what a fantastic bit of kit that is, makes the gun virtually silent and therefore can only help in the field whilst hunting.

If you were to be in the market for an FAC air rifle and Mod...you could do alot worse than the Super Ten and JB mod.

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

Hi, Laity, thanks for a good review when i am able to drive again i will have to meet up with you and you can try my 40fpe rapid mk-1 tuned by Sam@ CS airguns. from what i read and hear John Bowketts work is 1st class, you beat recommendations from fellow airgunners.
    regds brian

laity i cant understand the rapid either as you would expect more shots from the regulated super10 with same cc bottle but for some reason the rapids have way more shots and there un regged,confusing lol.

dont tell me you had power upped to just shoot 50 yard,on a good day i can get out with tight groups at 50,i tend to miss a lot on windy days though.

how many shots you getting at 32ft and are you using full lengh or k?

did jb actually tell you what he has done?

thanks mate

I have shot the gun way further than 50 yards and it still does the Biz!! Its an amazing gun and i find its 60 shots and then its out of juice. Its a shame the shot count is that , i would like a few more shots...however i could not carry 60 rabbits to be honest. As for what John did.....he did explain it but i had not clue what so ever...he may well have been speaking in Dutch. I am sure there are people would understand far better than i.

As i said , the gun is out of this world and shoots far far better than i ever will and i would love to try some more FAC airguns to make a comparison.

If you get a chance ...GET ONE!!!!

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

love my ten.dont think ill ever part with it.
    things that go bump in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by d1ver View Post
    love my ten.dont think ill ever part with it.
    same here,got 2 at mo.
    laity,does your land have to be checked for fac with s10 mate?
    thanks

ps exactly lol,60 shots is enough

Where i shoot, the land is cleared but i do have an open ticket for my FAC air . I dont however on the HMR and .22lr...sadly

And yes...i would not be without my S10 for sure!!! Even the mag's work really really well!

LAity
    Last edited by laity; 18-09-2008 at 07:14 AM.
    Lots and lots of guns !

picked up a fx storm 2day and put 300 pellets through it and still i like the s10 more i think.but 8 rounds in 3 sec is nice .i just wish it hit as hard as the s10.also i wish s10 mags was as cheap as fx and AA mags
    things that go bump in the night.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by laity View Post
    I think its like the Subaru cars thing, Subaru make good cars, some would say great, then STI get hold of them and make them go even faster and far far smoother. Its the same with the JB Super Ten, it was a good gun then he got his hands on it . Mine is set at 32 ft/lb with JSB/AA pellets and works well with them but i tried Biz Mags and they are even better. The grouping i got with them was amazing at 60 yards. I zero at 50 yards and its a one hole group at 50 yards with ease. I have taken it out to 85 yards on paper and its still amazing . I always thought that FAC rifles were never as accurate as sub 12 ft/lb rifles, well with this one it certainly is not the case at all. The gun keeps surprising me every time i take it in the field. I have heard that the Rapid's are also good in FAC but i don't get how they could be any better than this Super Ten , everything about it works so well, the trigger is spot on and the weight is fine for an all day hunting trip.The other thing was the JB moderator, what a fantastic bit of kit that is, makes the gun virtually silent and therefore can only help in the field whilst hunting.

If you were to be in the market for an FAC air rifle and Mod...you could do alot worse than the Super Ten and JB mod.

LAity

Very nice review roger. I never will run down a s10, a nice rifle i must say and roger it wont do more or less the a fine rapid will, both will give out the same performance as each other. Only things are the shot count for one , rapids can have a few modifications done, better stocks and the bolt action does need to come right back and down to reload where as the rapid once you've loaded the first pellet the reat is just pull bolt back and forward and your loaded.Plus I like the rapid mag better but still the BSA mag has been improved alot now and cycles perfectly.

There is a diffrence in the two as I've shot both the s10and bull barrel bsa's. I had a Hornet too by Bowkett anther lovely fine engineered rifle. No mistake the BSA's are the next step down fron the rapid in FAC format and they hold their ground all day long.

Happy shooting roger and say hello to Johnny for me ..oww and congratulations too.

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter View Post
    Very nice review roger. I never will run down a s10, a nice rifle i must say and roger it wont do more or less the a fine rapid will, both will give out the same performance as each other. Only things are the shot count for one , rapids can have a few modifications done, better stocks and the bolt action does need to come right back and down to reload where as the rapid once you've loaded the first pellet the reat is just pull bolt back and forward and your loaded.Plus I like the rapid mag better but still the BSA mag has been improved alot now and cycles perfectly.

There is a diffrence in the two as I've shot both the s10and bull barrel bsa's. I had a Hornet too by Bowkett anther lovely fine engineered rifle. No mistake the BSA's are the next step down fron the rapid in FAC format and they hold their ground all day long.

Happy shooting roger and say hello to Johnny for me ..oww and congratulations too.
    seen the s10 and rapid vote many a time and s10 always wins.
    on papper it wins too due to price,regulator,trigger and stock.
    im talking compared to the standard rapid.

ive never had a problem with my old s10 mags but i have had problems with the deadlock and pull down but that can be sorted.

im eager to try a rapid but doubt id have a standard, a mfr id love but i think there a bit over priced compared to what you get with the s10.

#my s10s are with me for life but wouldnt mind a go of a mfr.
    atb

Fantastic piece of kit. got a S10bb carbine 12ftlbs done by john with the BIG knob conversion, was going to convert it to fac but might let it go soon.
    Sh*te happens in 3`s
    Tikka T3 Tactical.223 Sako Quad 17hmr BSA S10 BBK .22 JB