Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dates for August UBC Comp & Side Shoot

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    I'm no longer UBC....I'm a fully paid up member of R.A.P.E.
    Eric.

How did you pay?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Question Side shoot target size

Hi All

I have a feeling that GaryP asked a similar question, but what size is the Cookie?

Original pdf file document is 23"x16" !!

Even my A3 printer won't stretch to that. Do we print it reduced to A3 or A4 ?

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    How did you pay?

Jim
    You have to walk down an alley and

Forget I was going to reply. Dumb acronym anyways

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Hi All

I have a feeling that GaryP asked a similar question, but what size is the Cookie?

Biggles
    Even reduced at A4 size, its a sizable target, but I must admit, I was practicing with it yesterday and its more of a challenge than I thought it would be. The angled elipses are a bugger to hit
    Going to shoot my score card this afternoon for the side shoot
    Will be interesting to see how my little p23 does with it shooting pellets & BB's.
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Hi All

Biggles
    All I had to do was print it out on it's own setting on A4.

The target is managable & all cookie chips are clear , however it doesn't with my scoring as I'm still pants with it

Hope That Helps
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post

The target is managable & all cookie chips are clear , however it doesn't with my scoring as I'm still pants with it

Hope That Helps
    Paddy.
    Cheers Paddy - A4 it is.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Cheers Paddy - A4 it is.

Biggles
    You're welcome & good luck
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post

Hope That Helps
    Paddy.
    hehe, Know what you mean, just submitted my sideshoot score. decided to go for the round ones instead of the elipses Just cant get a decent shot into an elipse Still yesterdays scores were minuses Today I got a plus

Right off to play again with my Crosman 357 (if I do better can I re-submit)
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    hehe, Know what you mean, just submitted my sideshoot score. decided to go for the round ones instead of the elipses Just cant get a decent shot into an elipse Still yesterdays scores were minuses Today I got a plus

Right off to play again with my Crosman 357 (if I do better can I re-submit)
    Tony
    Hi Tony.

Just answered your PM & thanks for submitting your score.

Good luck with the main comp.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Get your score is ASAP.

I aint gonna spoil the suspence, but I decided to use my Crosman 357 for the main Co2 Pistol comp.
    Once I had decided on pellet and set the sights best I could; I decided to go straight to comp rules and skip the warm up shots (figured I'd had about that many setting the sights), I amazed myself with my score
    Well its not exactly gold medal material but I was very, very pleased.
    Just the spring entry to do this evening.

I did the Cookie shoot yesterday and well........ I wasnt impressed with my marksmanship

Hows every one else doing? Dont give your scores please just say if you think you've improved on last scores or what.
    Mind you how many of you guys have actually done the shoot? Hope your not going to be waiting till last second.

The awards this time will have both your score out of 200 and the gun that you used included on the certificate.

All the best
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post

Hows every one else doing? Dont give your scores please just say if you think you've improved on last scores or what.
    Mind you how many of you guys have actually done the shoot? Hope your not going to be waiting till last second.

The awards this time will have both your score out of 200 and the gun that you used included on the certificate.

All the best
    Tony

Hi Tony.

I could tell you were happy by your PM

It's normally quiet at this time as all that have been submitted so far is.

Spring 4/20
    SSP 3/14
    Co2 2/17
    PCP 1/8
    Side Shoot 2/15

As long the people taking part is having 'fun' that is the main thing
    Last edited by Pad. E; 27-07-2008 at 06:32 PM.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

[QUOTE=Phantom Sniper;2861220]

The awards this time will have both your score out of 200 and the gun that you used included on the certificate.] [QUOTE]

My scores (SSP category) dropped a tad from last month's. So far this month I've done the SSP category; still need to do the CO2 category (main, and side shoots), which I'm starting this month.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Wink Hello from a New Gal

Hello to you from Jan McArthur! I am the wife of Jim McArthur, and am excited about being a part of the competition.

Jim has graciously allowed me to use his pistols for now, but I think I know what I will be getting for my birthday in September!!! (hint, hint)

This is a fun hobby, and so much nicer than having to go to a stuffy range to fire cartridge pistols. Jim and I can step out into our lovely back yard and shoot air pistols.

Jim has assured me that this group is a lot of fun, and I am glad to be a part of it. Are there any other women on the list?

Jan

TWO mates from the States to cause trouble on this list!

Jim

Red face So many pistols to choose from....!

I have been shopping this morning on Pyramid Arms and have found three possibilities. I would like to ask your opinions on them.

The first is the Marksman 1010 Classic BB repeater, a cheap little gun, but with good reviews.

The second is the Crossman 357 Revolver. It has excellent reviews, except for the grips.

The last, and the one I tend to like the best, is the most expensive of course! It is the Smith and Wesson 686 that Jim has.

However, Jim says that the 586 (which I have not looked up yet, and might be even nicer than the 686) might be better, because I cand get a smaller barrel, and can also get three interchangable barrels of varying lengths.

So, what do you guys think?

Jan

What are the
    Jan McArthur

"When a [wo]man is tired of London... [s]he is tired of life!" (Johnson)
    It is the most marvelous city in the world!