Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dates for August UBC Comp & Side Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Jan McArthur View Post
    Hello to you from Jan McArthur! I am the wife of Jim McArthur, and am excited about being a part of the competition.

Jim has graciously allowed me to use his pistols for now, but I think I know what I will be getting for my birthday in September!!! (hint, hint)

This is a fun hobby, and so much nicer than having to go to a stuffy range to fire cartridge pistols. Jim and I can step out into our lovely back yard and shoot air pistols.

Jim has assured me that this group is a lot of fun, and I am glad to be a part of it. Are there any other women on the list?

Jan

May I be the first to welcome you to the BBs & to the U.B.C.

& good luck with the competition, I've entered you into this months one. Take no prisoners, now whoop your hubbies a$$

Regards
    Paddy.
    Last edited by Pad. E; 28-07-2008 at 01:52 PM.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hello and welcome Lady Jan McArthur, you are offically our 2nd female Member, and our 38th Member so welcome to the gang. (quick get out while you can )

Nice Shopping list of pistols there Jan, I would personally go for the Smith & Wesson 586/686 either 6" barrel or if Jim is buying it for your Birthday in September go for the 3 Barrel case set

They are a good bunch on here, they can be full of information and tips, sum very handy, some you wish you never asked the question in the first place
    Mostly we just want to have a bit of fun, and enjoy our shooting.

Happy Shooting (Jim you better start saving this is going to cost you)

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Hello to you from Jan McArthur! I am the wife of Jim McArthur, and am excited about being a part of the competition.

Jim has graciously allowed me to use his pistols for now, but I think I know what I will be getting for my birthday in September!!! (hint, hint)

This is a fun hobby, and so much nicer than having to go to a stuffy range to fire cartridge pistols. Jim and I can step out into our lovely back yard and shoot air pistols.

Jim has assured me that this group is a lot of fun, and I am glad to be a part of it. Are there any other women on the list?

Jan

Hi Jan.

Welcome to the BBS madhouse.

Thought I was in need of an eye test for a moment or two there; two McArthurs .

With Jim around to coach you, you should be shooting moderately well in a few years More likely you'll be beating him (and the rest of us) before you know it

Yes there are a few women on the BBS. Would be good to see more taking up the sport and the banter here. You'll prob also discover that there are a few old women here who hide under male pseudonyms. You decide

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

nice clean holes

If some of you guys are like me and are finding some of your groups tightening as a result of this competition and therefore finding the scoring becoming more difficult if shooting at plain paper targets (big ripped holes).....
    I've found that a bit of card from a cereal packet directly behind gives a nice clean punched hole.
    (Probably teaching granny to suck eggs I know)

Jan
    Hi Jan and welcome to the nuthouse

I have a Crosman 357 and its astounding (Just submitted my score for the main UBC shoot using one). Best score I ever had
    Your right about the grips though. I love the grips on my R-77 but the solid ones on the Crosman are not that good (I have a rubber band around mine to hold em on)
    Yeah we do have fun here, I lurk around here a lot of my free time. Some real funnies on here Take this for example: http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286314

Take care and look forward to sending you your awards for the comp
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I have been shopping this morning on Pyramid Arms and have found three possibilities. I would like to ask your opinions on them.

The first is the Marksman 1010 Classic BB repeater, a cheap little gun, but with good reviews.

The second is the Crossman 357 Revolver. It has excellent reviews, except for the grips.

The last, and the one I tend to like the best, is the most expensive of course! It is the Smith and Wesson 686 that Jim has.

However, Jim says that the 586 (which I have not looked up yet, and might be even nicer than the 686) might be better, because I cand get a smaller barrel, and can also get three interchangable barrels of varying lengths.

So, what do you guys think?

Jan
    Hello Jan & nice to have a female perspective instead of the usual neandertals.......
    But beware this could get expensive - I had 2 guns when I joined - now I've got 6.... and 2 of them I bought just for this bloody competition
    But hey, there's no sanity exam to join.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off

Withdrawing

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    Hello Paddy, could I be included in the main competition and the side shoot as well please?

I have a Crosman 2300S co2 .177 pistol with Williams notch open sights.

Are the targets printed out at 100% size setting?

Thanks a lot
    Garry

Not sure whether or not I'm included, but I'll have to withdraw for this month as my parents are away on holiday so I won't be able to use their garden for shooting till they get back.

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    So if there aint no sanity exam, how come I failed

T
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Smile I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    May I be the first to welcome you to the BBs & to the U.B.C.

& good luck with the competition, I've entered you into this months one. Take no prisoners, now whoop your hubbies a$$

Regards
    Paddy.
    After shooting yesterday, I can't wait to shoot in my first competition! Thanks for the friendly welcome!
    Jan McArthur

"When a [wo]man is tired of London... [s]he is tired of life!" (Johnson)
    It is the most marvelous city in the world!

Wink Thanks for the Help!

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Hello and welcome Lady Jan McArthur, you are offically our 2nd female Member, and our 38th Member so welcome to the gang. (quick get out while you can )

Nice Shopping list of pistols there Jan, I would personally go for the Smith & Wesson 586/686 either 6" barrel or if Jim is buying it for your Birthday in September go for the 3 Barrel case set

They are a good bunch on here, they can be full of information and tips, sum very handy, some you wish you never asked the question in the first place
    Mostly we just want to have a bit of fun, and enjoy our shooting.

Jason
    With your help, Jim can hardly miss the giant hint for a great birthday present!
    Jan McArthur

Wink Hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Hi Jan.

Welcome to the BBS madhouse.

Thought I was in need of an eye test for a moment or two there; two McArthurs .

With Jim around to coach you, you should be shooting moderately well in a few years More likely you'll be beating him (and the rest of us) before you know it

Yes there are a few women on the BBS. Would be good to see more taking up the sport and the banter here. You'll prob also discover that there are a few old women here who hide under male pseudonyms. You decide

Biggles
    The more intelligent the banter, the more feminine the brain, so it will be easy to tell!
    Jan McArthur

How lucky!

Hello Jan & nice to have a female perspective instead of the usual neandertals.......
    But beware this could get expensive - I had 2 guns when I joined - now I've got 6.... and 2 of them I bought just for this bloody competition
    I am so glad that there is not a sanity test, or I might not be allowed to join! After all, I married Jim, who had been a bachelor for 49 years until he met me! Lucky thing he is such a patient, sweet, and wonderful man!
    Jan McArthur

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post

Nice Shopping list of pistols there Jan, I would personally go for the Smith & Wesson 586/686 either 6" barrel or if Jim is buying

Jason
    Yes, I can see that this will cut into my own planned gun purchases. Oh well, maybe Jan will let me play with hers.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Hi Jan.

Biggles
    I taught Jan everything I know about shooting. Took me all of five minutes.

Actually I do know a bit about guns. I just don't know how to make the things that come out of their muzzles go to the destination I intend.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

If some of you guys are like me and are finding some of your groups tightening as a result of this competition and therefore finding the scoring becoming more difficult if shooting at plain paper targets (big ripped holes).....
    I've found that a bit of card from a cereal packet directly behind gives a nice clean punched hole.
    (Probably teaching granny to suck eggs I know)
    Great tip, Harvey, thank you!

Jim