Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics on here

Your way behind us at admin towers, only today I pointed out that non airgun has 1863 pages of 99% rubbish

Leave it with me, and wanted has 900 pages for gods sake

Can someone suggest an easy and free place to host pics that we can use, for this section especially?
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

I wish I could find another host for galleries of pictures, since Imageshack withdrew support for galleries.
    I know they still host pictures as do Photobucket and others, so there are several options available for single or small sets of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    Does this mean that we can no longer post pics , as some like me do not have web sharing/image hosting sites

As above member states , for an Airgun Forum , there seems a lot of very people who spend a lot of time talking about everything but Airguns .

I vote we drop the 'Non Airgun Related ' sub forum completely . People can chatabout Cars /Girls /the cost of Petrol elsewhere.
    Lets keep this FANTASTIC forum for shooting sports only
    Or you could just join a free image hosting site such as photobucket, which is just as easy to use as the bbs hosting. It would use none of the bbs bandwidth, you don't have to wait for the mods to approve the pictures, and they are perfectly safe for posterity so long as the album owner doesn't delete or move the pics.

Edit: Granted that this is predominately a shooting site, but non airgun is still a large part of this forum as well, so perhaps the admin could set a limit as to how far the non airgun archives go back. Say posts are 'culled after a year' so nothing older than a year old on non airgun.

Or perhaps just cull the gay/muslims/asylum seeker/chavs/nasty guvermint/jokes that have already been posted a dozen times/ type threads. That should reduce the load by a good 98%.
    Last edited by Punchsteve; 22-07-2008 at 09:46 PM.

Bahhhh Humbug !

Not being good with computers its great to see how easy it is to get a photo up here for queries / comparisons / sales and swops .
    Never seemed that easy when I joined . And its near instantaneous . The image hosting sites are extremely slow unless you are on broadband , many are not for whatever reason but esp if living in a rural area .
    It would be a real shame to loose this . I take the point that an old sales pic should be deleted ( am doing mine now Baz ) .
    I still stand by the argument that as an Airgun or Fieldsports site chat should be limited to this ie no ridiculous sub sections created . I'm on another Airgun Forum and they even have an Arcade games section (!).
    Those people who know the internet better than me can surely find a 'home' elsewhere for the silly Jokes / what car is 'coolest' twoddle .
    Most people , when desperate for a chat, go done the Pub ......
    Last edited by Arch.Stanton?; 23-07-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    I still stand by the argument that as an Airgun or Fieldsports site chat should be limited to this ie no ridiculous sub sections created . I'm on another Airgun Forum and they even have an Arcade games section (!).
    Those people who know the internet better than me can surely find a 'home' elsewhere for the silly Jokes / what car is 'coolest' twoddle .
    Most people , when desperate for a chat, go done the Pub ......
    Now see here young feller miladd. It's talk like that wot lost us our beloved knitting section...

We'll agree to disagree then.

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    Your way behind us at admin towers, only today I pointed out that non airgun has 1863 pages of 99% rubbish

Leave it with me, and wanted has 900 pages for gods sake

Can someone suggest an easy and free place to host pics that we can use, for this section especially?
    How is the cull of bandwidth-hogging non-airgun threads coming along Baz?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    How is the cull of bandwidth-hogging non-airgun threads coming along Baz?
    I like your style sir...
    Morally flawed

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    I like your style sir...
    Me too. Oops, not allowed to think like that any more , or am I ... Hmmm you know what? Yes I am. Loose non air gun and all the puerile bland banal egotistical offerings it contains please Baz, and give us collectors our photos back ... I'll get my coat . Ha ha. It's the cider you know . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    I just had to prune 600 pics and 300 threads off here lads, I will be removing pics and spent threads (sold items) regularly from now on as its probably adding to the slowdown effect when theres more than 700 members online
    Read the sticky "Pics on collectable airguns".....

1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Read the sticky "Pics on collectable airguns".....

I'm not going to comment further on this, having discussed it to death with Baz and, er, Gareth.

The BBS's owner is not keen on having pics appear in threads and obviously it's his call.

I will only say Neil that posting links to pics and having the pics appear (hosted elsewhere) automatically in your post are two different things.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I'm not going to comment further on this, having discussed it to death with Baz and, er, Gareth.
    Yep, and despite my cider-fuelled Devil's Advocate rhetoric of last night (), photos in collectables other than via links to click, is a non starter, and as this thread is one month off being a year old, for the sake of everyone's sanity, I am going to lock it off now, and let it drift, as the subject has to remain closed . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 11-06-2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: to lock thread.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.