Thread: Buying 777 or Pyrodex in the UK

Buying 777 or Pyrodex in the UK

Hi,
    I am just starting out with BP guns and don't have a firearms certificate but I am a probationary member of a club. Can I buy 777 or Pyrodex, wads, lead balls and all the bits I need to fire a BP gun? I appreciate I can't buy black powder yet.

I'm going to have to buy them later on once I have a certificate, it would be nice to start getting my own stuff now and also spread the costs of all the bits I will need.

Cheers
    Blackrat

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrat View Post
    Hi,
    I am just starting out with BP guns and don't have a firearms certificate but I am a probationary member of a club. Can I buy 777 or Pyrodex, wads, lead balls and all the bits I need to fire a BP gun? I appreciate I can't buy black powder yet.

I'm going to have to buy them later on once I have a certificate, it would be nice to start getting my own stuff now and also spread the costs of all the bits I will need.

Cheers
    Blackrat
    Any dealer worth his salt is going to want to see your ticket before selling caps and powder to you.

Waiting till you have an FAC and when buying a revolver also lets you "negotiate" on the acoutrements that are required for the "dark art".

When I was on probation I got a SGC and a Sepoy musket. Joining the MLAGB and having a "shotgun" made the explosive certificate for BP a formality.