Thread: GP Far Coley.

GP Far Coley.

Well done Far Coley club,

Great course it had it all and very tricky in that wind (gale), the targets in the field were "evil". First course I have ever shot and not one whistle! fantastic.
    Had a great day and enjoyed the challenge.

Cheers Steve.
    Swiftyx2
    Purleychase FT.
    EV2 mk2, Big Nikko. Beretta 92fs.

Thumbs up

as above great course even in that wind field and the pond and the wind and the bowl and did i mention the wind had me lol

nice one far coley

shaun
    Codnor Target and Field Club & CASTLE F.T.A.R.C
    AIR ARMS OWNERS CLUB SHOOTING THE BREEZE
    HW100 in EV2 winter real tree stock. AAs200 mk1 in home made stock

Gp7

I have to agree with the lads it was a superb day and the course was spot on, like I said to Karl, it is always a pleasure to travel upto your ground.
    It has already been mentioned but I have to add to it, I shot in the AM session and there was not 1 whistle, not sure bout the PM session. Its been a long time since I went through a GP or any comp without a whistle being blown.
    Credit has to go out to the course builders on that behalf. Alot of dedication and hard work went into the ground and it paid off for you lads. I take my hat off to one of the best grounds in the Coutry in my eyes to compete at.

Oh plus I actually shot quite well in the end hahaha.
    Well see you all at Redfearns.....
    Well done again to all at Farcoley..

Berty Bassett.......The Judge
    JUDGE DRUID
    Walther Dominator (Titanium) Weaver t36
    Daystate Harrier SE EB 10x42.

It was my first visit to Far Coley today & it's a fantastic place, there's a bit of everything.

Well done guys you have one cracking venue there.

scores are up

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/neale_m...s/2008/GP7.htm

thanks to all
    thoroughly enjoyed my first gp, always enjoy Far Coley, well done on an excellent course.
    Cheers
    Graeme
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Many thanks to the Far Coley crew for the the thought provoking Course & all the hard work that must of gone into it, an absolute Cracker!
    Cheers also to my two shooting partners Craig & Tim, an object lesson in how to shoot in wind from both of them. The open field beat me up I'm afraid, I've still no idea what on Earth the wind was doing!
    Some different Target Plates out there today, if they were home made they were of a very high quality.
    TX200/Nikko Stirling MKII 10-50
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Baltipal View Post
    Many thanks to the Far Coley crew for the the thought provoking Course & all the hard work that must of gone into it, an absolute Cracker!
    Cheers also to my two shooting partners Craig & Tim, an object lesson in how to shoot in wind from both of them. The open field beat me up I'm afraid, I've still no idea what on Earth the wind was doing!
    Some different Target Plates out there today, if they were home made they were of a very high quality.

review and scores now up at http://www.bfta.net/

and pics on here http://www.airgunforum.net/agf/index.php?showforum=25

shaun
    Codnor Target and Field Club & CASTLE F.T.A.R.C
    AIR ARMS OWNERS CLUB SHOOTING THE BREEZE
    HW100 in EV2 winter real tree stock. AAs200 mk1 in home made stock

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    It was my first visit to Far Coley today & it's a fantastic place, there's a bit of everything.

Well done guys you have one cracking venue there.
    Can we expect the same at Redfearns Pete, really hope so mate..

Agree great venue, superbly organised as well... Well done to all the Far Coley crew, alot of hard work had gone into the day

Quote Originally Posted by JONTA View Post
    Can we expect the same at Redfearns Pete, really hope so mate..

Agree great venue, superbly organised as well... Well done to all the Far Coley crew, alot of hard work had gone into the day
    Not a clue as I've not seen the course yet most of the work has been done during the week & we've been putting the finishing touches to the covered zero range at the weekends.

Unfortunately we don't have any nice rolling fields but I will get the hose pipe in the quarry at the weekend, with a bit of luck we'll have a lake by the GP

The will be quite a few up hill shots though

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    Not a clue as I've not seen the course yet most of the work has been done during the week & we've been putting the finishing touches to the covered zero range at the weekends.

Unfortunately we don't have any nice rolling fields but I will get the hose pipe in the quarry at the weekend, with a bit of luck we'll have a lake by the GP

The will be quite a few up hill shots though
    Sure it will be another cracker Pete, sounds interesting at the moment anyway C U there

We have not been let down yet buy the Redfern lads.

see you all soon
    ISP Airstream MkIII - Bushnell Elite 4200 8-32x40 Milldot

Thumbs up

This GP was absolutly superb, organisation, targets, location, everything about the shoot was 1st class. Not a whistle to be heard, brilliant; Hats off to Carl and his team, they must have worked day and night for this one. Hope you get it again next year lads. Pity about the strong winds.
    Well done to all involved.
    My family,Ripley (Ripper) AR5s .20, Simmons 6-24x44 SF. Steyr LG 110, Hunt 8-32x50 SFb. Logan MK11 Pro .22, XDoptic 6-24x50 sf, (for sale soon). Umarex 850 Air magnum .177, Simmons wtc 3.5-10X50. The misses sleeps in the kennell with the dog.

Only my third GP but a great course.Provided some shots that lower grades could have a crack at.Seemed very well thought out and with well varied shots.As a noobie though water and open field ouch!Great course Carl.Thanks for a great shoot.