Thread: my first comp entry

my first comp entry

As I have now got a cheap pistol, I thought I would join in with my local clubs competition today.
    Was shooting between 42 and 47 for the first 6 or7 cards. So thought, yeah go for it.
    I did. Which is when my scores suddenly went down into the mid to high thirties. On the last few cards I had the hump so went back into practice mode and straight back into the forties again. GO FIGURE.

Still, am going to practice a bit more at home.
    I will get that elusive 50

Quote Originally Posted by seanyboy View Post
    As I have now got a cheap pistol, I thought I would join in with my local clubs competition today.
    Was shooting between 42 and 47 for the first 6 or7 cards. So thought, yeah go for it.
    I did. Which is when my scores suddenly went down into the mid to high thirties. On the last few cards I had the hump so went back into practice mode and straight back into the forties again. GO FIGURE.

Still, am going to practice a bit more at home.
    I will get that elusive 50
    Hi, did exactly the same a day or two back
    Check out my story on the P23 thread, should have called it "Tight to S##te" instead of P23
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Postal comps, too!

And, don't forget that we have some great postal comps going right here on the BBS forum!

Check out the ones Pad. E. and Pollythe dog are running. Betwen the two, you can shoot springer, single stroke pneumatic, CO2, PCP, one-hand, two-hand, 6 yards, 10 meters, on-going monthly, side matches.....

There's also a paper silhouette competition.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Paper Sil's comp?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

There's also a paper silhouette competition.

Jim
    Jim my good grizzled bearded man, you mention the above, can you give me a clue as to where I can find it?

Done a quick search but no joy.

I like killing paper people better stress reliever than killing paper bulls eye's (cuz I get grief from the paper animal rights activists)

Take care bud
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post

I like killing paper people better stress reliever than killing paper bulls eye's (cuz I get grief from the paper animal rights activists)
    Try this Tony:

http://www.glockfaq.com/targets/huma...orso_zones.pdf

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Ah cheers Jason, forgot about those!!
    I have about 30 or so printed out (did em when bored one evening at work)
    Head shots in these are so satisfying

Oh, have a good (busy) weekend
    TTFN
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Jim my good grizzled bearded man, you mention the above, can you give me a clue as to where I can find it?

Done a quick search but no joy.

Take care bud
    Tony
    Hello, Tony!

Let's see, I think it might be in the Target section, but let me check....I used to shoot it, but then found Polly's bullseye comp more interesting - then added Pad. E's - am now adding the Umarex to the Beeman for Pad. E's - am now adding the side match to Pad. E's main competition...."it grows as it goes!"

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hello, Tony!

Let's see, I think it might be in the Target section, but let me check....I used to shoot it, but then found Polly's bullseye comp more interesting - then added Pad. E's - am now adding the Umarex to the Beeman for Pad. E's - am now adding the side match to Pad. E's main competition...."it grows as it goes!"

Jim
    YES! Scroll down to the Target/Competition section. On Page 4, "Silhouette Shoot Multi Caliber On Line".

Looks like my Post was the last one! But go to Post No. 1, and there it shows info about targets, rules, etc.

It had too-few entrants, as I recall. But you can shoot rifles, pistols, iron sights, optics, etc.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 26-07-2008 at 10:43 PM.

YES! Scroll down to the Target/Competition section. On Page 4, "Silhouette Shoot Multi Caliber On Line".

Looks like my Post was the last one! But go to Post No. 1, and there it shows info about targets, rules, etc.

It had tooew entrants, as I recall. But you can shoot rifles, pistols, iron sights, optics, etc.

Jim
    Cheers Jim,
    Think I shal stick to Pad's comp for now. More people to go up against and more fun ripping each other up about the results LOL
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

I did try joining this last month but got no reply to my inquiry.
    Will try again next week as have sold the 45 as am picking up a compact next week.