Thread: Looking for info on the RWS 6G

Looking for info on the RWS 6G

Just wondering if anyone out there some information on the RWS 6G pistol. Have an opportunity to buy one and would like to find out some info on it. I have looked pretty hard and not come up with much. Any previous owners out there want to give some info?

Thanks

Made by Mayer and Grammelspacher (Dianawerk), very similar to this:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...light=original

The model 6 (sold under the Original, and RWS brands in various markets) was introduced in about 1959/1960, and used two interconnected pistons, one moving forward (to compress the air and fire the gun) and one moving backward (to counterbalance the recoil). It was the first of the various designs of recoilless spring-piston guns that were designed in Germany for 10m target shooting (Anschutz and Feinwerkbau developed competing designs over the following years).

The principle was also applied to the model 60,65,66 and (later) 75 rifles.

The '6' had a one piece plastic grip/frame, into which the mechanism fitted. That was replaced in 1978 by the 6G which had an alloy frame to which separate grips, either plastic or wood, were fitted.

Both of these used a tunnel foresight assembly, the 6M (variant of the 6G) used the open foresight designed for the later model 10 pistol, which has a barrel shroud which turns through 180 degrees to cover and protect the foresight when cocking.

All of these various dual-piston designs have, I think, now been discontinued, although I'm not sure exactly when.

You can see for yourself the comments of the seller in the original post.

Hope this helps,

Iain

These are good quality pistols that are well-worth owning.

Thank you for the information.

Thank you for the information.