Thread: HELP Stealth safety problems

Question HELP Stealth safety problems

Hi all stealth lovers
    Been playing with my stealth fitted brass hammer and new 18" barrel in an effort to get sub 3" groups at 15 yrd (yes it shoots that bad) Seam to be making progress as i now can get sub 1" groups at 15" but only if i use Bisley Pestcontrol .
    My new problem is the gun will now sometimes discharge when i disengage the safety catch (its the push forward type) .
    I have not messed with the trigger or the safety only removed hammer and barrel .I have taken the gun apart many times and never had this problem till now .
    Have i done something wrong or is it possible somthing has worn out .
    Cheers
    Nick

CalorGaz Guest
    which model is it? the 2000 or one of the earlier ones ?? by the sounds of it with 3" groups its one of the old ones with the crappy barrel. Tehy also had a dodgy safety mechanism.

Le Old Git has a web site dedicated to this rifle, but i'm at work at havent got the link here. Somebody else may have it though.

I'll have a look back here tonight and post the link if it hasen't already been done.

CG

Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Its a stealth 2000 .I dont think bad accuracy is limited to the older stealths as i have 2 stealth 2000s and they both are inaccurate as standard .
    Before I fitted the new barrel I had no probs with the safety .

When you fitted the replacement barrel, did you make sure all the spacers were in the same place in relation to the hammer spring or add any spacers. Excessive spring tension can cause safety failure (the hammer release catch part of the trigger mechanism not being strong enough to hold the hammer forward).

I would suggest removing a spacer from the hammer spring group and see what happens. If that sorts the problem then you can either leave it alone or increase the spring effective pressure on the appropriate spring in the trigger group (the forward-most one I think) to bring the forces back into balance when you refit the removed spacer.

Make sure you confirm your power levels remain legal after doing any tinkering with the efficiency of your stealth - it would be very easy to earn 5 years at her majesty's pleasure if you don't treat this brand of rifle with due respect.

David

Gary C Guest
    Originally posted by Aeroman

I would suggest removing a spacer from the hammer spring group and see what happens. If that sorts the problem then you can either leave it alone or increase the spring effective pressure on the appropriate spring in the trigger group (the forward-most one I think) to bring the forces back into balance when you refit the removed spacer.

David
    spot on Dave

I have already removed 1 of the spacers when I fitted the brass hammer as the hammer is lots longer than the original plastic one.
    I will try removing more spacers to see if it make it any better.

I have a mate with a skan chrono so will be doing some power tests when i get it operating safely.I am after incresed accuracy not power my shooting partner has rimfires n centrefires if we need power. I take an airgun for the shots which would be unsafe for the guns he uses.

Thanks for all the help n advice .

Nick