Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: second hand match pistol outlets

second hand match pistol outlets

Greetings,
    Can anybody recomend shops or good outlets who sell or buy match air pistols?
    As competition shooters we don't seem very well catered for; it's getting harder to find shops that will supply new.
    Can anybody help please?
    regards
    Talishen
    HW 98 Weaver classic v24 6-24x42 AO
    Brno Tau 7

city in solihull.

Noticeboards at clubs have always been my best source of 2nd hand target airguns together with the Airgunbbs. There still seem to be some good bargains out there.

www.egun.de have quite a few. Buy from a dealer is poss as they are more used to shipping abroad. Many accept Paypal which is cheaper than doing a IBAN bank transfer.

Thanks for your replies chaps,
    i'ved used City, they do a few but they really want top dollar for everything
    regards
    Talishen
    HW 98 Weaver classic v24 6-24x42 AO
    Brno Tau 7

There was a nice looking Tau target pistol a couple of pages down in the For Sale section this morning if that helps.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by RussC123 View Post
    www.egun.de have quite a few. Buy from a dealer is poss as they are more used to shipping abroad. Many accept Paypal which is cheaper than doing a IBAN bank transfer.
    Has anyone here bought a match air pistol through egun?
    Are there specific formalities that have to be observed by a private individual or can it just be posted?
    How do Customs handle it - assuming it's UK legal?
    Sorry about all the questions, but I don't know.
    Cheers
    sj

I just got a Steyr through eGun - I Paid through PayPal + 20 Euro for postage and it arrived in 2 days. It was in fine working order. There's no VAT problems or anything with the EU; I think the power limit before you need to start filling in forms is 6ft/lb [ i think this is at the German end]

The I dealt with trades as Diana66 ("Juergen Pfaeffle" <offojupf@gmx.de>). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the man and the site.

cheers,

edd

edit : I found it a lot easier to get it posted from Germany than to drive 100's of miles to a dealer here. Damn VCR bill.

egun

I`ve attempted to register with egun more times than I can count , each time my registration form is bounced back to me, blank but with no sign of what is wrong. Now I may be missing somthing dead simple [ which would be no suprise!] but if anyone can offer any advise please could you let me know , because failing to get registered with egun is becoming a habit, and also because egun is stuffed with used high end German match airguns at good prices

It's trouble with the translation engine. You need to register in german then everything works properly.

Egun

I can access Egun through Google in English but I have tried to register twice without success, can anyone help, I do not speak German.

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    Quote Originally Posted by fulmar/88 View Post
    I can access Egun through Google in English but I have tried to register twice without success, can anyone help, I do not speak German.
    When I filled in the reg form in German, I was successful despite knowing no German because (a) all these forms are pretty much the same, and (b) the HTML is still written in English... so when you point at the field, a comment came up on the bottom bar in explorer which gave a much bigger hint about exactly what went in the box. I was quite proud of myself
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Quote Originally Posted by fulmar/88 View Post
    I'd recommend opening egun in 2 windows - one in German and the other English translated so you can see what each field represents. Complete the German version and you should receive a email with a registration number that you have to insert in the linked page. That's should be it.
    I found that the fields for bank details were blanked out - I guess because it recognises a non German IP.
    Viel Glück.
    sj

yes - took me a couple of times to register successfully on egun.de. Have now successfully bought 3 guns there in the last month. I always Email the seller ( using Babelfish translation ) to confirm that (a) happy to ship to UK and (b) whether he takes PAYPAL or not. Most dealers seem happy to do both.

Worth watching for a week or so for what you want to guage the price. Some of the "Buy Now" items are marked up a bit....

Cheers

Russ

egun

At last Ive managed to register with egun!! thanks for all your help guys! , I will set up a PAYPAL account next , Has anyone any advise about bidding / buying on egun either from dealers or privite sellers. For example translating e mail into German , shipping costs , customs and excise etc.