Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: second hand match pistol outlets

This is another great Google service:- http://translate.google.com/translate_t?sl=en&tl=de

As long as you don't bid against me
    sj

Exclamation Tip:

Don't mention guns on PayPal ! They don't like it ...

Hi, Al. I thought of another outlet for PCP Target Air-Pistols. I have sent you a PM. Best regards, Rockphoon

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmbevan View Post
    At last Ive managed to register with egun!! thanks for all your help guys! , I will set up a PAYPAL account next , Has anyone any advise about bidding / buying on egun either from dealers or privite sellers. For example translating e mail into German , shipping costs , customs and excise etc.
    A few tips are:

1. If you can, get a quote for shipping from the seller before you bid. An average air rifle should cost about 22 euro to ship with DPD (which owns DHL). Parcelforce or a similar company will deliver in the UK. Most sellers are not out to rip you off on shipping.

2. Buy from dealers with high positive feedback (200+) for maximum security. Check their feedback and translate extracts to get a sense of how reliable they are. Most dealers speak some English.

3. Ask for more pics if pics on ad are insufficiently clear.

4. There shouldn't be any customs tariffs to pay between Germany and the UK.

5. Altavista babelfish is a good translator. Use simple English before translating it and include the original English in your email/PM.

6. If a seller states his gun is subject to an EWB avoid it. This is something to do with the gun being on a firearms licence and it may be complicated to get it over here.

7. Some sellers are not aware of the laws in the UK so you may have to reassure them sub-12ft/lbs (give joules equivalent) are off-ticket here and you may have to email a scan of a document that proves your age. Make it a low res image and blank out non-relevant details like your postal address.

8. If a seller doesn't take Paypal then you can send a 'Relay' type payment from your bank account for around £10 (takes 4-5 days). You have to go to your branch to do this.

egun

Thanks to Danny Garvin for all the help and advise , I will give it a try and let you know how I get on!
    Danny is also a first class chap to deal with , he sold me an Anschutz LG380 a couple of years ago [ which is a far better 10m gun than I am a 10m marksman! ] and followed the sale with , copies of the owners manual and advise on how to obtain spare parts thanks again Malc

match wepons

try checkmate guns in Bolton guy called Robert usualy has a large slection and will let u try befour you buy,
    Sportsmatch GC2 numbers ,190, 252, 279.Steyr LP1 &LP5,EV2 mk4
    Whiscombe JW 50 FB Number 0012 & JW 60 Number 031, ,CR-X,