Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W best pellet?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Decided to have a propper play with em this dinner time!

BINNED THE LOT of em CRAP!!! the worst thing I could ever do.
    Put a few dozen through my CP99, my P800 and my P23!!!
    Then went back to Geco's and Eley Wasps.
    Out of the few hundred I fired hardly any actually landed where I placed the sight
    Guess the PPP's you mention aint the little yellow that I thought of!
    Spent hours cleaning my barrels Kept pulling little grey/yellow threads of plastic (thinner than PTFE) out of the barrels! NOT FUN

Tony

I TRIED them. Rubbish as you say. shame as they hit well, but whats the point if they dont hit what you aim at. I think the range of co2 guns are very good with respectable accuracy, and its a shame that these slugs are available for sale, as when i bought my s & w i was recomended them by the shop owner, and i thought, this is crap, till i put some lead through, and now its great! was at the range today sighting the ev in, then played with the s&w and had great fun in the sun wacking coke cans at 20 meters free hand (2 hands) great fun, and takes away from the more competitive side of shooting, at least for me any way!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Fraid I cant say about 20m knock downs in a Co2 pistol. Think there designed for 10mtr paper punching (well my Cp99 was).
    Tony
    Quite right Tony the Umarex pistols standard open sights are zero'd for 10m, but i have shot cans at around 20m with my CP88 Comp and my S&W, doesn't rip them to bit's but still good fun.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Dynamic or Prometheus Pellets

Hi Tony
    Dynamics are the solid tin pellets. Prometheus are the ones with the plastic sabbots.
    I found that the solid pellet is fine but because of the weight difference between tin & lead they are REALLY light and fly higher and flatter than lead.
    From what I can gather, since I've never used them, the Prometheus pellets have a problem with the plastic sabbot catching and tearing either in the rifling or on the barrel crown. Since it's you I assume that your barrel is clean but I don't know if you've done the crown. So if that's OK there may be a rough spot on the rifling which lead and tin both deform at and then reform in the rest of the rifling and produce good results. Obviously not a BAD barrel but one of those minor inconsistencies caused by pulling the button through to make the rifling.

Regards
    Jim
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Jim are those the ones that come in a silver box, around 600 in a box or something, if so i tried these and they are pretty good, down side i think they were about £13 a box though, have a word down your local club guy's and see if you can pinch a dozen or so to give them a go.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Dnamic PPP1

Yeah Jason
    That's the ones but before you buy them they are machined not cast or pressed so you need the correct head size if you use .22
    When I find the write up I have I'll drop it on the site under an individual heading but the manufacturer publishes a table of recommendation's for .22.
    I know B.A.R. do them at £9.90 a box and I am certain JSR will compete.
    Just remember there are 400 to a box in .22 and 600 in .177
    Also, if you hunt, they will penetrate at longer ranges but tend to over penetrate at short to mid range.

Jim
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!