Thread: panto cow

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    YES,

I know it sounds funny..but I have actually done it. We did not wear anything special we were out in usual como kit. It works an absolute treat.We got so close we could hardly shoot for laughing at he simplicity of it. The front guy justs bends forward a bit, drops his head forward and holds his gun by his side, the back guy hold his waist and bends forward with gun tucked in facing backwards as the back half. You need to get completely out of step (as a quadraped) you can make as much noise as you like with your feet. As you get close, the front chap quietly raises the gun and bingo dead rabbit. We were told about this and thought it was absolute B****ks so out of scientific interest we tried it and yes it works. WE seemed to become invisible.
    As for stalking on horseback..I have never tried to shoot from a horse, I would have to practice with a very sound horse, I do know when I am out riding the bunnies just ignore you...

Best mornings shooting we have had for years.

Take care, Voldemort (I did post details of this on the old BBS, I dont know if we can access the post now)
    Last edited by Matt C.; 22-05-2004 at 02:08 AM.