Quote Originally Posted by jamie g View Post
hi mate if you want to go to that range your better off with a rimfire. even a fac powered air rifle at big ftlb wouldnt live with the grouping of a rimfire.

and even then at 100 yards you should be looking at hmr instead of 22lr.
mate, you are providing a good alternative or shall i say the most efficient way to shoot at that distance however i disagree with you, i've been shooting my FAC at long ranges for about 3 years now, i almost exclusively just do long range with my air rifle and its not luck as you suggest. you can realy work out everything if you have your equipement properly setup. im currently making a video of shooting FAC air rifles past 100meters, i will try to see if i can get everything out to 160meters. all the shots are planned, dialed and wind Estimated and dialed for. its either a first or second shot hit.

any less efficient round will teach you how to compensate for drop and windage, the 17hmr at that distance is 'point and shoot'
shooting 308Win at 1000yards for example and estimating wind is a skill not luck. as with anything else luck does have its own percentage but to name it luck is a misnomer.