Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .25 cal sub inch grouping at 100 yards

jonezy25 is offline Over 1200 posts and still haven't got one

.25 cal sub inch grouping at 100 yards

Got this off bsa owners group, first sub inch grouping with .25 cal, these jsb's are taking over in .25 cal, actually it's well below an inch! just over half an inch, amazing pellets!

http://bsaog.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9336.0

Also heard it through the grape vine that they will be launching a 31 grain pellet in .25, think i am totally converted to .25 now.

May be good pellets but that guy can bull#### for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    May be good pellets but that guy can bull#### for Australia
    Is he that bad!

i've seen tofazfou's groups with these, and he has switched from barracuda's to these, and everyone who has tried them says they are the best pellets in .25 yet, and these are guys that shoot paper to 150 yards +, and tofazfou has vids of him dropping squirrels from 50-100 yards out, totally clean kills, look very promising.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    He got banned from here I seem to remember.
    Master Debater

Shoots rabbits at 150 yards and never misses. Genius of bull####ter?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Shoots rabbits at 150 yards and never misses. Genius of bull####ter?
    With 12 ft/lb!

Im not going with his review alone, all the guys at airgunadvice, love these pellets, and they really know there stuff, also for them weighing 25% less than the barracuda, they are only 1 or 2 ft/lb less than the barra's, which means very efficient.

Any idea when someone over here is gonna stock these new .25 pellets??

DVS
    Better To Be Tried By Twelve Than Carried By Six

Quote Originally Posted by DVS1 View Post
    Any idea when someone over here is gonna stock these new .25 pellets??

DVS
    No idea, but you can get them from gaybay.com, not co.uk, got to be .com they will ship from the states.

Cheers for that buddy.

DVS

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    I was at Milbro's 100 yard indoor range today, so if anybody in the UK wants to put long range airgun shooting to the test, it could be just the place. It would be nice to know if it's do-able or not.

You mean sub 1" with .25 calibre buddy??

I used my local indoor 'range' and at 88yds lasered I managed a sub 1" group.....12 yds shy of a 100 but cant see why it cant be done by someone in perfect conditions.

Not that it can be spoken of in here but I have hit targets at 107 & 115 yards respectively with 2 out of 3 shots hitting their mark

atb

DVS

Quote Originally Posted by DVS1 View Post
    Not that it can be spoken of in here but I have hit targets at 107 & 115 yards respectively with 2 out of 3 shots hitting their mark
    You can talk about shooting (inanimate) targets at whatever range you like.

I'll move this thread to the long range section.

I am not surprised harry gets this sort of performance and those that are, think that way because they might be ignorant on long range. A brilliant field target shooter does not imply a good long range shooter. Harry's regulated rifle is very consistent, less than 10ft/s Extreme spread keeps stringing of groups very low. I have conducted extensive tests at 120m as you can see in my many posts in the long range section and 20-30ft/s extreme spread, as I get through my rifle strings the group about 2.5" at 120m.

With all due respect to many shooters, you cannot expect to take your normal rifle setup and try out the same thing and achieve results if you hold over your elevation and aim somewhere up there. Secondly, if you cannot read the wind, you have no business in this game, its not 30yard shooting.

If your rifle setup can keep shots in the same vertical level, it all depends on how well you can let off the shot in a particular 'wind frame.' When I watched the wind for some shooters at the gun club, we were capable of keeping shots around a 2inch circle at 120m consistently if the wind velocity did not increase more than 2mph increments

Here are some 100yds groups with JSB Kings shot from the EDgun Matador
    .25cal....

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...n/100_2026.jpg

Here are some 65yd groups which shows the gun's precision is there.. I have
    just not quite found the nerves to shoot really tight groups at 100yds yet... A
    work in progress....

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...n/100_2026.jpg

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    I found the jsb's not very good in my .25 rapid but the barracuda 31gr .25 performed the best groups at 100yds and at 174mts so i just stick with the barracuda.

It really all depends on each shooters rifle, some like the jsb others found the barracuda better but at the end of the day if you find a pellet that your rifle shots well with then stick with it.

Very good shooting by the way jonezy25, great cali isnt it!

Many shooters coming over to this large cali are really taken in by its sheer knock down power and accuracy, best FAC air-rifle hunting cali IMO and any shooter that hunts with FAC air should really look closely at this cali.
    I'm forever blowing "Bubbles"