Thread: Zieler Scope

Zieler Scope

I'm just after a bit of info, I have finally got my hands on a TX200SR and it came with a Zieler 6-24x44 scope with a 'ladder' type? reticule I had never heard of this make and a google search wasn't much help. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet and just wondered if it was any good? I would guess by the name it is of German origin.

figjam Guest

dont

part with this scope for the world!

used to have one and regret ever selling it!

not made anymore, had a few beers so i cant remeber all the details!

used to have it on a daystate mk 11

turns out it was the gun i didnt like!

there used to be a chart somewhere on the net that let you set the rifle up and use the ladder patter to range find!

all the best

rgds

kenny

Koz Guest
    Gary C used one for a while.

Maybe he has some info that would be useful to you.

I'll give you £20 for this old, unknown scope if you want
    As said, don't sell it unless you're offered decent money or a night out with Keith Moon and a few air hostesses.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

So looks like I struck lucky then I was only really after the TX200SR which is in mint condition, no wear on the blueing and a walnut stock with adj butt pad the chap said he had a scope(the Zieler) that I could have for £300 the lot. I'm really chuffed now.

figjam Guest

ive a mate ...

who has the info give us an e-mail and ill see what i can get for you!

rgds

kenny

I have had a few different Zeiler models, two of which were the 6-24x40 with ladder ret, good jap optics, made by Hakko if memory serves me well

Baz

I've got an 8-32x44 on my S200. Very nice scope, excellent optics. The range markings on the front bell are actually accurate, how's that?

The design is a bit old fashioned being quite a long scope, not with much optical telescoping as you can find today, so it won't always suit the rifle, if it's a breech type like the TX200 or HW77.

The turrets work on very small clicks. We are used these days to quarter clicks, and some FT scopes with eighth clicks, but this Zeiler has twelfth clicks. Consequently when you zero the scope and just move the turret a few clicks at a time you may think the turret isn't working. It probably is.

The ladder reticule has a gold tinge to it, and works very well. There are four major rungs below the cross hairs and a minor rung between the cross and the first major rung. No marks above the cross means it's best to set the rifle and scope up so that the cross coincides with the top of the pellet flight, typically about 20 to 25 yards depending on the height of the mounts. Then all of your ranges need holdover not holdunder.

On mine, for HFT, the main cross is OK from 20 to 30 yards, the minor rung is fine for 15 and 35 yards, the first thick rung is about right for 12 and 45 yards, and the second rung fits 10 and 50 yards. The third rung is OK for 8 yards. You'll have to experiment with your own rig, natch.

rgds

Rich

PS meant to add, these markings are at 12 mag

They were also imported by Optima under their brand name but without the trick reticule. Still the same quality optics/scope. Ive got 2 of the 6-24s and they are excellent. They can focus down to well under 8 yards (minimum target distance, for safety, at our club) on 24x mag.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I have the Zieler 8-32x44 somewhere bought in 1993 for £235 after having a Tasco TS 8-32x44 milk bottle for three days. Both look exactly the same except for the ladder ret.
    Optics are far better on the AA Zieler.

neill Guest

Zeiler

i`ve got one with the post rail recuile and a massive 56mm lense. It has a strange red bubble on the eye piece that illuminates the cross hairs. No batteries. Ideal for shooting into woodland. Bought it off bbs a couple of months ago

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ghlight=zeiler

baxterbasics Guest

Ditto

I have the same model scope on my new aa200 bulpup,the quality of the optics are amazing,excellent,as he says for woodland shooting.

Bax