Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Is Why The Public Get In A Panic....

figjam Guest

This Is Why The Public Get In A Panic....

just found this on the net, i wrote a reply of course.(took a couple of attempts as i had to calm myself down)

i always thought the press were supposed to look into the facts before they reported! (apparently not)

im absolutley raging at this article!

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/ne..._loophole.html

try and count to ten before you write a reply!
    (i was upto nearly a hundred)

this is the kind of $hite we can do without1

rgds

kenny

RochdaleLad Guest

Thumbs down

I'm not p'd off, I'm just dismayed...

Hurrah for whoever this is:
    "A responsible human, "Not in De Nile""

Well reasoned argument to that article.. Thank you.

CalorGaz Guest
    Well added my comments regarding the total inaccurate reporting as per usual . . .

not that it will do any good....

CG

Gazo Guest
    I just sent them my thoughts and all I will say is I am not a happy person in the mornings

Criminal behaviour

I posted my reply to the post where mothers are calling for a total ban on guns:

Someone is getting mixed up here. Quote:
    Home Office Minister Caroline Flint said: "In some parts of the country, and among some young people, the gun is seen the ultimate status symbol.

"Although in the UK the level of gun crime remains low compared with other countries, we cannot be complacent while people are being killed by guns on our streets.

My comment;

The GUNS mentioned in this report are not just airrifles, airpistols or even aircartridge pistols, no they are the real thing. These kids/youngsters are always going for the real thing they buy NIKE, DIESEL, MEXX, FILA etc etc, they will not bother waving a "toy-gun" (in their opinon) no they buy a H&K 9mm etc etc.

Ordinairy kids study and work for their future, these kids haven't got a future and they want to be respected in their (deprivated) environment, that is where guns come in as like they see on telly. I have been an airgunner for over 25 years and it has never once crossed my mind to hurt anyone with my guns nor use it as an intrument to impress others. Use common sense: if a youngster is caught with a genuine handgun (one that fires real bullets) he should be severely punished and the gun should be traced down all the way (under current law very hard as the defendent has the right to remain silent) That is where the focus should lie and not law abiding people like a bunch of dedicated airgun sporters.

Len

PS it does me you wonder though, how can we ever convince them, how can we ever explain to them the difference between an airgun and the real thing
    Theory Men: They all know how it should work but it doesn't
    Practice Men: Everything works but nobody knows how

Graphite Guest
    I too am shocked and dismayed that they were charged £200 for a CP88. They were had!

Mick H Guest

Angry Re: This Is Why The Public Get In A Panic....

i always thought the press were supposed to look into the facts before they reported! (apparently not)
    Another very misleading report.
    If read carefully, which can be hard to do, as the first few lines got my blood boiling as well, it seems they have got their facts right (about which guns are banned) though it has obviously been written in a misleading way W@nkers!!!
    It's this kind of reporting we could all do without.
    We bought the CP88 in T Stensby and Co on Shudehill. Their staff acted completely within the law as the .177 air gun falls outside the new legislation.
    It is powered by gas cartridges which must be inserted into the handle and which must be replaced on average every 80 shots.
    The air guns which are banned under the new law are designed with self-contained gas cartridges, which look like real bullets.

Guinness Guest
    Do you think they will ever bring an end to our sport?

clarkyxxx Guest
    i cant believe they compare a real firearm to a bb gun, what is she on about, a friggin plastic bb in her neck, i say shut up to the sad mothers who want to ban our sport

now ive got that off my chest i feel much better
    Last edited by clarkyxxx; 29-05-2004 at 09:02 AM.

SWAT Strachan is offline I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me...
    Well, one long reply left to that piece of 'journalism' . I do agree though, they were ripped off for that CP88, £200 indeed!!
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

CalorGaz Guest
    There is one up side to all of this... Pistol sales must have gone through the roof the last few weeks seeing as all of these journalists are buying them for their stories !!!

So at least the gunsmiths are still in business even if our sport is taking a beating.

CG

Shaggy Guest
    clucking idiots
    It don't care how cleverly they worded it It's not only misleading & confusing to those that don't know about the changes but could result in time & money being wasted, by the Police responding to crappy er they have a banned pistol!!!

it's people like these that give the antis more fact to nail the coffin even tightly shut, some would just read the first paragraph & be done with it.

they give people that know a head ache, 3/4 way down they tried to make a quick recovery but it don't work does it. they contradict the 1st paragraph and probably all the article, buch of clucking idiots scare mungerers

drop em a line guys & tell em like it is I HAVE

Darren

what do the gutter journos do with the guns they've bought?- go plinking in their own back garden or do they just sell them to a street kid!

WNAKERS!

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviewcentre
    The mill dot is very good, however I don't use it much as I shoot from a Landrover, so there is not much time for aiming.

aurin Guest
    Quote:

Linda Mitchell, spokesman for the Gun Control Network, set up in the wake of the Dunblane massacre, said: "All air weapons are lethal, full stop. They are capable of serious injury and there have been deaths. We really need to see legislation that covers all air weapons."

Maybe we should ban cars as they cause deaths everyday?

I think they should go to the USA before complaining about gun controls in the uk.

RochdaleLad Guest
    In any case, we already have legislation that covers all air weapons... These people really need to do some research before spouting off.

Sigh.

D