Thread: a fun afternoon at the range

a fun afternoon at the range

work was slow, the sun was out and the gun was clean, time to change that!! :P

working my way through the phials of powder that came with the gun I was getting stressed that I was so inconsistent and not making improvements

decided to fill a few phials myself ready for some more shooting after a sarnie and a cup of tea

get out my newly aquired lil brass measuring thingy ma bob, set to 25grain as the previuos owner of the gun said he was using, looked at the phial and thoguht, hmm thats a bit odd, very different amount, same powder but looks wrong

looked very closely at the nozzle on the powder flask, 36grain!!!

double checked by emptying one of the supplied phials into my measuring thingy ma bob, push the plunger up till powder at top, yup reads as 35grain

aha now then, lets try 25 grain, oh yeah that feels better, starting to hit the target now

finish other half of sarnie, (was a bit black and grubby, but ham, egg and tomato sauce isnt to be wasted)

dropped the setting to 20grain, and oh thats even better, wayhey look at that, all 6 rounds in the target, by the end of the session, I had a filthy gun, filthy hands, grubby face, but a smile this wide<---------------------->

shooting a PL7 target at 25yds, single handed best sheet at end of day was 1x9 3x8 1x7 and a 4 but I know how that happened

time to strip clean and make the gun shiney again, measure out a load more phials and get it ready for my first club BP revolver comp on sunday, not a hope of winning as theres guys at the club that shoot only BP and really know how to handle these, but Im going to try my best, 6 right hand, 6 left hand

Baby bum wipes ("wet ones") are an indispensable part of a BP shooters kit. Use on hands only though, not the sarnie!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1975 View Post
    work was slow, the sun was out and the gun was clean, time to change that!! :P

working my way through the phials of powder that came with the gun I was getting stressed that I was so inconsistent and not making improvements

decided to fill a few phials myself ready for some more shooting after a sarnie and a cup of tea

get out my newly aquired lil brass measuring thingy ma bob, set to 25grain as the previuos owner of the gun said he was using, looked at the phial and thoguht, hmm thats a bit odd, very different amount, same powder but looks wrong

looked very closely at the nozzle on the powder flask, 36grain!!!

double checked by emptying one of the supplied phials into my measuring thingy ma bob, push the plunger up till powder at top, yup reads as 35grain

aha now then, lets try 25 grain, oh yeah that feels better, starting to hit the target now

finish other half of sarnie, (was a bit black and grubby, but ham, egg and tomato sauce isnt to be wasted)

dropped the setting to 20grain, and oh thats even better, wayhey look at that, all 6 rounds in the target, by the end of the session, I had a filthy gun, filthy hands, grubby face, but a smile this wide<---------------------->

shooting a PL7 target at 25yds, single handed best sheet at end of day was 1x9 3x8 1x7 and a 4 but I know how that happened

time to strip clean and make the gun shiney again, measure out a load more phials and get it ready for my first club BP revolver comp on sunday, not a hope of winning as theres guys at the club that shoot only BP and really know how to handle these, but Im going to try my best, 6 right hand, 6 left hand
    "Believe only half of what you read, and none of what you're told!"

Good show, Tony! Makes me even more anxious for my BP revolver to get here.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone