Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulmer does a strip -what's missing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally posted by Hobo
    Have you done the webley tempest?? if so where/how can i get hold of it.
    Did the Hurricane about 2 years ago, one of the first articles. Both guns are essentially the same. I'm sure someone on the board will have a copy.

Phil
    'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

How's about a monthly re issue on the board.
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo

Mark A Guest
    How about stripping different silencers for cleaning, i find all the different silencer designs very interesting. I'd also be interested in a disc.

Mark

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    I'd love the disc if it became available.

Ever done the Webley MKIII? I am led to believe that it has been done but I have never seen the article. Where on earth do you get one of those spring compression jigs? I would love one but have never even seen one for sale. I wish I had one when I stripped my MKIII earlier this year. It would have saved a lot of swearing, sweating and grunting.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

LagomorphHunter Guest
    Apologies if this is already covered, but have you done pistols?

My son has five, one's an old 1940's Webley and he has my old BSA Scorpion, that needs reworking to get the safety right.

Just a thought, a variation on a theme really.

Strip

FAO Phil Bulmer - could you please arrange to strip a Kylie or even a Jordon or something similar in that sort of calibre. Thanks in advance .Stan.
    Stan

Jeeez, I nip off for a week and look what happens!

Hi all,

I've only just picked this thread back up again, just come back from Hadrian's Wall country in Northumberland where the rain was moving in sideways sheets, it was a mud and cold 'fest'. No wonder the Romans got this far and said 'effercio is parumper ludus of militis' (or nearest offer).

As for the idea of strip on a disk, I think it may happen in the future but it's not as simple as you might expect. I've looked at the process and it's not as financially viable as you might think, there's quite a few folk who'd need a cut from it -which is fair enough. I've not written the idea off but it's on ice until further notice.

As for subjects, well the Scorpion is being done in the next week (much to DC's relief -will post it back soon :-) ). I've got a Crosman 1322 coming shortly, a Sharp Innova is on my hotlist, so if there's one out there that needs attention then mail me.

I did servicing the BAC cartridge only within the last year or so. I started the series with a Brocock Colt 1851 copy, not a detailed strip but probably sufficient to work with. I'll consider the Orion as a strip but it won't be easy as I can't acquire one. That new Chinese Griffon take down gun is on my list, should be interesting. I might have a FWB Sport to do, but after that I'm running out, any more suggestions?

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by AirgunStan
    FAO Phil Bulmer - could you please arrange to strip a Kylie or even a Jordon or something similar in that sort of calibre. Thanks in advance .Stan.
    If you can get Kylie in the post to me I'll do the rest with more pleasure than you could possibly imagine. Hey, whatever happened to Imogen Stubbs?

Phil

Sniper 296 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Bulmer
    If you can get Kylie in the post to me I'll do the rest with more pleasure than you could possibly imagine. Hey, whatever happened to Imogen Stubbs?

Phil
    Don't for get to include pics of the strip!

What about a new section on the BBS with all your strip articles as a source of reference for everyone?

how about this

why not devote perhaps two or free editions on how to completly revamp some of the older guns, this would include stuff like blueing, polishing and info on where abouts spares are avalible. perhaps get a beaten up webley mark1 or something similar and start from scratch.
    there are a lot of old vintage guns out there.

Quote Originally Posted by daystateman
    why not devote perhaps two or free editions on how to completly revamp some of the older guns, this would include stuff like blueing, polishing and info on where abouts spares are avalible. perhaps get a beaten up webley mark1 or something similar and start from scratch.
    there are a lot of old vintage guns out there.
    Funny you should say that, I've got an Airsporter Mk1 that I'm going to do as you suggest very shortly. Watch this space.

The FWB sport is one I'll probably cover if I get a suitable example in my grubby little mits.

I'm mulling over the QB78 and thinking about all the little mods and tweaks I can do. It could be a short series in itself. I had a go with one only an hour or so ago and it's got a lot of potential.

Phil

Excypher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Bulmer
    Funny you should say that, I've got an Airsporter Mk1 that I'm going to do as you suggest very shortly. Watch this space.

The FWB sport is one I'll probably cover if I get a suitable example in my grubby little mits.

I'm mulling over the QB78 and thinking about all the little mods and tweaks I can do. It could be a short series in itself. I had a go with one only an hour or so ago and it's got a lot of potential.

Phil
    tell you what you could do, me and a mate were looking for a strip of his gun. cause we lost the old mag

re run of HW45!!!

alternatively an old BSA airsporter (i have one lying around and its getting a bit crapped up and id love to get into it and lube it up again, action is very dry)

Why dont you do the Umarex CO2 pistols i.e. Seal changing etc. I am sure many people would be interested in that.
    Lurchermiss

Quote Originally Posted by peter pounds
    Why dont you do the Umarex CO2 pistols i.e. Seal changing etc. I am sure many people would be interested in that.

I did the CP88 some years ago, never again, it's a pig. I rate it as being the hardest strip of them all.

If you have an Umarex that needs sorting, just send it back to Brocock, they don't charge the earth and they're used to doing them.

Phil