Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Bulmer does a strip -what's missing?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybbs View Post
    Love to see all these in a single book, especially as I'm starting to restore some rifles now.

Any chance of a copy of an HW35 stripdown, please?

Somebody wants to send me an HW35 and I'll do it no problem. The thing with the 35 is that it's very similar to the HW80 and a host of other HWs. If I do a flood of Weihrauchs then you tend to get a bit of dejavu. It's a while since the last one so the 35 is now 'due'.

I've not done a Skan and probably wont either. I have done a few PCPs but I'm cautious of folk messing things up and hurting themselves. If you need a book to take a PCP apart then you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Springers are a different matter.

As for a book detailing the massed stripping that's taken place over the last 6 years, well never say never, but don't hold your breath in the short term. I'll discuss it again with the various bods.

Phil
    Last edited by Phil Bulmer; 02-06-2007 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Can't spell 'Worich'.....
    'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

rabbit22 Guest

strip

email sent back to you phil

Hi Phil & Co.
    I'm pretty sure I asked this before, Re. DVD of the various articles buuuut as the articles are obviously, in computerized "document" format, why not, as I asked earlier, a web hosted PDF file that could be downloaded for a fee, to "whoever" or via Paypal for example to a given charity?

This would be a simple method that could be updated, as and when!!!

If you want the update, you pays your fee and gets the latest issue.

Sandy

I have 33 of Phil's 'Strip' articles on file so far but I know there are a few more out there.
    If anyone has any from 2001/2002 and can do a Jpeg scan of at least 1664 x 2336, I would appreciate hearing from them.
    As I have said already, I am quite willing to email individual articles to BBS members, apart from current issue articles.
    There are a few people that have to be consulted before a CD or Book can be considered, as the publishing copyrights belong to several different companies, and depending on their permission being given and how much, if any, royalty they would expect, will determine whether a CD or Book can be produced to sell at a realistic price.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I have 33 of Phil's 'Strip' articles on file so far but I know there are a few more out there.
    If anyone has any from 2001/2002 and can do a Jpeg scan of at least 1664 x 2336, I would appreciate hearing from them.
    As I have said already, I am quite willing to email individual articles to BBS members, apart from current issue articles.
    There are a few people that have to be consulted before a CD or Book can be considered, as the publishing copyrights belong to several different companies, and depending on their permission being given and how much, if any, royalty they would expect, will determine whether a CD or Book can be produced to sell at a realistic price.
    Anything for a hw95?
    Break your backs and crack your oars men! If you wish to prevail.

[Anything for a hw95?]

Sorry, not yet.

Rummaging around a bit here, but curious as to whether there's an index of what strips were undertaken and within which issues they can be found?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenJH View Post
    Rummaging around a bit here, but curious as to whether there's an index of what strips were undertaken and within which issues they can be found?

I'm sure that Troubledshooter's list has that info, but it's off line at the mo.
    Must admit that these articles have helped me out, and would like to see them available generally.
    Other Thoughts
    As to a book, I'm not sure if it would work, after all, Haynes manuals, while they do one for washing machines, it only covers front-loaders, what about washer/driers and twin-tubs? You'll remember that they used to do each model of car or motorcycle where the differences were greater. You'd get the same with airguns, along with the thought that I doubt many would buy a book for 'only' the 3 - 6 pages that is relevent for their gun. I would say that a f(r)ee net download would be the way to go, possibly with a named charity as a 'target'?

I have a Gamo Magnum .22 break barrel, well at least I think I have

It is exactly like a Hunter from the barrel back (going by the exploded view I downloaded) but has Magnum engraved on the barrel

I cannot get it to shoot straight it is all over the show, up down usualy but sometimes to the left or right as well as up or down.

I have tried different pellets and even changing the piston seal as I was told that might have been leaking air causing velocity variations

It has a (i think) Ox spring inside and was planning on changing that next to a standard spring.

A strip down write up on this would have been useful at the time I did it as you may have pinpointed why it wont behave.
    CZ Varmint .22lr Boyd Stock, ASE Ultra Mod & Leupold Rifleman 3-9X40, CZ American .17 HMR SAK Mod and Redfield Revolution 3-9X40 Accu Range , Sauer 202 Select .243 with Leupold VXII 3-9X50, Lamber O/U Multichoke 12g, BSA R10 TH .22

A U.S. Perspective

Most airgunners in the US don't read or even have access to back issues of the UK magazines, so I would think a book of articles like this would sell quite well (for the tiny market that it is...)

The same can be seen in the Model Engineering book market. UK books sell well here and at a premium. I wish I had access to back issues of UK mags now that I'm tearing things down and tinkering.

Nick
    Nick

From beautiful ruralburbian Philomath
    anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com

cant be bothered reading through all these posts BUT have you ever done a FWB SPORT dont remember seeing that one if you have
    MALLY

I wouldn`t mind seeing some repeats either, particularly the popular types, perhaps with different problems.

How about an article on springer tuning (smoothing not power) Recoil is the only major problem with them and it would be interesting to improve this. Would adding weight in various places help?

How about the DB4 or B2 rebuilds?

Lot of people out there with SMK's would like to know how to get the best out of them, smooth them out a little, take off the rough edges....
    They come from the factory a little rough so perhaps something about tuning them a little would go down well for us poorer folk