Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulmer does a strip -what's missing?

Originally posted by Davestate
    Phil, don't know if you've covered a general springer/pcp maintenance spread before, but that's what I'd be interested to read about as opposed to a model specific one.
    That could be done. Good idea, I'll give it some thought.

Cheers,

Phil
    'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    One thing that would be really handy is a list of all those covered in the stripdowns, plus the editions they came out in....

Similarly, the same for any product review, possibly on a website, etc.

Any thoughts ?

Woudl be really handy for onyone searching for info on a particualr gun, especially for someone like me with about 400 back issues in the cupboard !

Cheers,

JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Originally posted by tyke

Hi
    How about lubrication for dummy’s. Id be interested.

Walk into WH Smiths and your wish will be granted. ('cos it's in the current edition)

Phil

Originally posted by BuddyBoy
    One thing that would be really handy is a list of all those covered in the stripdowns, plus the editions they came out in....

Similarly, the same for any product review, possibly on a website, etc.

Any thoughts ?

Woudl be really handy for onyone searching for info on a particualr gun, especially for someone like me with about 400 back issues in the cupboard !

Cheers,

JB
    I think you've found yourself a job! No harm in having a reference page and place the dates for each strip on the web somewhere. Airgun Forum could be a nice place to put it. Even I have to think when and even 'if' I've done something. My magazine collection is all over the place and it's not unknown for me to give my own copy away to someone who has helped me with an article. So my collection does have a few holes in it.

I did a pipe dream study of scanning back issues and putting them on CD ROM. It was something like 25,000 pages, no small job I'm sure you'd agree. It can be done but it would be a labour of love and it certainly isn't a cost effective exercise.

Phil

Beer Hunter Guest
    Phil,

I’d like to see an article on popular modern PCP maintenance – bolt / trigger / hammer spring lubrication etc…

I’ve always enjoyed the past articles even although I think I’ve only owned a couple of the guns featured. If you are to continue the series, please change the picture of you half naked – it scares the wife, kids and dog!

TER…

Originally posted by TER...
    Phil,

I’d like to see an article on popular modern PCP maintenance – bolt / trigger / hammer spring lubrication etc…

I’ve always enjoyed the past articles even although I think I’ve only owned a couple of the guns featured. If you are to continue the series, please change the picture of you half naked – it scares the wife, kids and dog!

TER…
    lol good suggestion!

how bout visiting an 'adult' club of some sort and doing a write up on a different kind of strip? im sure you'd find a willing FEMALE somewhere! hehe

seriously tho mate, i'll give it a good think and try and get back to you, altho tinkering with my airguns aint my thing i have enjoyed your atricles and would like em to continue

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Do Romsey not have a list ?

No need to have the articles themselves scanned (although that would be nice - charge a quid a time to download )...

JB

(PS Worryingly, I had actually considered going through the mags noting key articles as I read them.... )
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Shaggy Guest
    Phill,
    I take my idea was out of the question then?

I'd love to know how to sort out a Whiscome could mean I'd sell my one and buy a doer uppa:d

if ya want any advice on stock making let me know, I was cack at DT myself but I could tell ya how to do it

or you could get a stock blank with say the outline & possable thumbhole out & do the rest yourself, after all you can buy blanks from Custom stocks Sheifield. only an idea like.

ATB

Darren

Smile

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BuddyBoy
    GasRams, e.g HW90, Theo, etc. ?

>Then again, the legal issues may not make them ideal

Gas rams are not really home DIY projects. Otherwise it would be a whole new avenue.

>Quite seriously though, why not just continue to re-run the series, as loads of people would have missed them....

Some would like that, others wouldn't. We had a stinking letter on that subject as we covered a pistol in some form or another twice in (wait for it) ....five years. One thing about the readership is that you can't please everyone all of the time.

>Others that may not have been covered that are reasonably popular in a somewhat obscure kind of fashion...

>Sheridan pump-ups

Yep, if I can find one I'll do it.

>Crosman pump up pistol (1322/77)

A distinct possibility.

>BSA Cadet

Mmmmmmm, sort of a collector's item really and fairly obvious. I think it may have been done in part about 4 years ago though not strictly as a 'strip' feature.

>Recoiless Dianas (sliding action Airkings)

34 through to 54 is a distinct possibility, in fact it's an obvious one.

>TAC pistols

My Colt 1851 was the very first strip although it was more of a generalised item. Unless I strip a Cobra (my other gun), I'm stumped as I can't borrow guns to work on with them now being Sec 5.

>ASI Paratooper (got one..... needs doing ! )

Go on, send it to me and I'll sort it. :-) Drop me an e-mail.

>FWB Sport

A sound choice. Anyone got one that needs a service?

Cheers,

Phil

Originally posted by TER...
    Phil,

TER…
    I could do a generic PCP maintenance article but it gets difficult as you invariably need to strip parts down to get at items such as the hammer. It's certainly one to consider though.

I get a lot of stick about that picture from the kids at school. It sort of gives me a bit of credibility and makes me mysterious and interesting, sort of....

Phil

I would like to see something on the servicing of existing gas ram rifles or the retro fitting of a ram to a standard springer.

Dazz

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shaggy

>I take my idea was out of the question then?

No not at all.

>I'd love to know how to sort out a Whiscome could mean I'd sell my one and buy a doer uppa:d

I'd also love to know how to do up a Whiscombe. It's one of those guns that's best sent back to the man himself. If I could ever get to see John and have him explain his creation as he pulls it apart I'd be happy to put it into print. If I was presented with one of his guns I'm sure could have it in bits and back working again shortly afterwards, but it's such a refined item that I could easily do something to upset the applecart. There are no off the shelf spares for these guns and the number of people willing to do DIY work on them is about 3. It's certianly an article that many people would find interesting but of little actual benefit to 99.98% of the readership. An overall article on the principles would be better than a full on workshop nut and bolt sequence strip.

>if ya want any advice on stock making let me know, I was cack at DT myself but I could tell ya how to do it

I know the general principles, I'm just not equiped with the tools or the experience to confidently advise others. It's always been something I'd like to do though. I had a go at chequering the other day, but the least said about it the better.

Phil

scotty Guest

Talking

I would like to see some thing on 4x4s and stuff like gear tents
    and crow trapping
    Last edited by scotty; 22-05-2004 at 10:38 PM.

Originally posted by dazzpol
    I would like to see something on the servicing of existing gas ram rifles or the retro fitting of a ram to a standard springer.

Dazz

Parts of gas rams can be serviced such as the breech jaws and the like. I might well do a gas strut article, but it has been partly touched on before. Just need a donor rifle...

Thinking about it, I've not done a Tracker or an Omega. Both guns can take a gas ram, Mmmmmm..... two birds, one stone.

Phil

What about a Parker Hale Dragon, it's a right *astard that seems to have to have the valve sorted every 6 months if you don't use it regulary and keep it stored horizontaly.
    Last edited by stumpy lubnut; 23-05-2004 at 01:00 AM.