Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulmer does a strip -what's missing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What about a new section on the BBS with all your strip articles as a source of reference for everyone?

how about this

why not devote perhaps two or free editions on how to completly revamp some of the older guns, this would include stuff like blueing, polishing and info on where abouts spares are avalible. perhaps get a beaten up webley mark1 or something similar and start from scratch.
    there are a lot of old vintage guns out there.

Quote Originally Posted by daystateman
    why not devote perhaps two or free editions on how to completly revamp some of the older guns, this would include stuff like blueing, polishing and info on where abouts spares are avalible. perhaps get a beaten up webley mark1 or something similar and start from scratch.
    there are a lot of old vintage guns out there.
    Funny you should say that, I've got an Airsporter Mk1 that I'm going to do as you suggest very shortly. Watch this space.

The FWB sport is one I'll probably cover if I get a suitable example in my grubby little mits.

I'm mulling over the QB78 and thinking about all the little mods and tweaks I can do. It could be a short series in itself. I had a go with one only an hour or so ago and it's got a lot of potential.

Phil
    'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

Excypher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Bulmer
    Funny you should say that, I've got an Airsporter Mk1 that I'm going to do as you suggest very shortly. Watch this space.

The FWB sport is one I'll probably cover if I get a suitable example in my grubby little mits.

I'm mulling over the QB78 and thinking about all the little mods and tweaks I can do. It could be a short series in itself. I had a go with one only an hour or so ago and it's got a lot of potential.

Phil
    tell you what you could do, me and a mate were looking for a strip of his gun. cause we lost the old mag

re run of HW45!!!

alternatively an old BSA airsporter (i have one lying around and its getting a bit crapped up and id love to get into it and lube it up again, action is very dry)

Why dont you do the Umarex CO2 pistols i.e. Seal changing etc. I am sure many people would be interested in that.
    Lurchermiss

Quote Originally Posted by peter pounds
    Why dont you do the Umarex CO2 pistols i.e. Seal changing etc. I am sure many people would be interested in that.

I did the CP88 some years ago, never again, it's a pig. I rate it as being the hardest strip of them all.

If you have an Umarex that needs sorting, just send it back to Brocock, they don't charge the earth and they're used to doing them.

Phil
    'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

Airmojo,
    Thanks for that bit of advice & for explaining why!
    I'll give it a try!
    (Hey, that rhymes

... the list?

Phil, any chance you could publish a list of the rifles that have been striped and date of issue.

I am sure folks would be pleased to be able to home in on their favourite gun and it would help us spot the ones that are missing to date.

My interest would be in the BSA Mercury...

John

Deano1 Guest
    Hi Phil
    how about air arms pro sport, would prefer to be able to service my own.
    Can't stand the the thought of letting parcel farce loose with it , or any other
    courier come to that,after recent balls ups

what about a Relum Tornado, aint seen one for years
    MK1 Rapid .22, GP Stealth .22, MK1 AA TX 200 .22, Beretta 682 Gold E: 12g Mossberg 590 12g Winerack 97 .22

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    How about the Anics Skiff 3000?

There must be a few around needing new seals and some that have problems with jamming mags.

I have 2 and one of mine leaks when you put a CO2 bulb in it

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

The idea of a central source for all Phil's articles is still alive but in Hibernation at present.
    Phil and I have spoken about the possibility, but there are others involved whose permission would have to be obtained, possibly on payment of a fee.
    I have quite a few 'Stripdown' articles on my HDD which I have been supplying by email to those on the BBS that want them, but need quite a few more, so if anyone has any old copies of 'Airgun World' gathering dust, they would be gratefully received.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    The idea of a central source for all Phil's articles is still alive but in Hibernation at present.

I have quite a few 'Stripdown' articles on my HDD which I have been supplying by email to those on the BBS that want them
    Love to see all these in a single book, especially as I'm starting to restore some rifles now.

Any chance of a copy of an HW35 stripdown, please?
    Jerry

R Davis

How About AA200sr. I would like to know the correct way to adjust sliding action.

No Time like the past.

Pistols, loads of springers out there, got some old Gats & an Original model 2 myself.
    What about really old vintage stuff, yeah yeah yeah no one's interested apart from a handfull but could be interesting for, if nothing else, to see how rifles have improved.
    What about ripping a scope apart just so we can see what's inside.
    Why not an article about metal treatments.
    What about bending a barrel & trying a Mr average diy type bodge job to see if Mr average could put a bender right again.
    Why not an xtreme build, find a springer with a wide bore, do a cut & weld with two to make a cannon, you know teenage daydreams that we thought was easy but never actually tried.
    Test easy tune methods that we know ruin a rifle but sounds excelent, transfer port megga big, cortina spring & a hack saw job on the piston.
    Bulmer does a strip from his youth daydreams.
    BSA Meteor to drool over providing you havn't a clue what your doing & don't care If It's naff, you have super tuned It yourself, now down to 4ftb but your mates think your a GOD in the rifle world (from your YOOF !!!)
    Have a Hamlet (or whatever cigar it was) moment.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.