Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulmer does a strip -what's missing?

Mike Pearce Guest
    Phil,

What about the Umarex range? Have you done the pistol? S&W, Colt, Beretta, Walthers etc. & the Walther lever action rifle & carbine?

& how about the Walther LP53? Mine certinally needs fettling.

Ewok

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

ORIGINAL 50

Did you restore that Original 50 that I sold you? I'll buy the back issue if you tell me which one it's in!

Also, have you ever done a BSF? They were apparently popular in the Airgun Worlds of the late 70s and early 80s but they all seem to have died out or been buried in swamps or attics or somewhere. God knows they can't have worn out, they made them in the same factories as the Tiger tanks ...

Maybe you could have a go at an HW85 which is allegedly a BSF in Hermans clothing ..
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 25-05-2004 at 05:35 PM.

Post Re: ORIGINAL 50

Originally posted by Hsing-ee
    Did you restore that Original 50 that I sold you? I'll buy the back issue if you tell me which one it's in!

The Original 50 is now up and running although the stock is still in the white. The article on putting the action back together is in next month's issue. I was shooting it at the club range on Sunday, very low powered and the trigger mechanism really doesn't warrant all the engineering. I'll get round to sorting the stock at some point.

You really don't see many BSF guns these days, if I come across one I may well do it.

As for the HW85, well, I'm yet to actually see one in the flesh. It's a real low numbers job and not worth a strip article as it's so similar to other models. It's more of a collectors item now I guess.

Wanna buy an Original 50, complete with new piston head and a straight barrel?

Phil
    'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

Originally posted by Mike Pearce
    Phil,

What about the Umarex range? Have you done the pistol? S&W, Colt, Beretta, Walthers etc. & the Walther lever action rifle & carbine?

& how about the Walther LP53? Mine certinally needs fettling.

Ewok
    I did the CP88 a few years back. The S&W might be a goer but I gather the Walther carbine is not particularly user firendly as a strip. That CP88 is probably one of the most difficult guns to DIY out of the series so far. It goes back a different way to coming apart and you need to know certain sequences, it's all horrid. It's no wonder Brocock get them back in plastic bags with begging letters from time to time.

I did an LP53 some years ago for a friend. It's also a pig to DIY service, loads of faffy little washers etc. I may well do it in the future but it's not one I relish trying to photograph or explain.

Phil

How about persuading the nice folk at Romsey to put all the files together, PDF them all and sell a CD with all the articles for twenty quid a go through the mag.

Then you can donate the profits to the BASC and with a little luck we'll still have guns to tinker with next year.

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Again, no Idea if they've been done already but I have 3 that could do with a good fettling:

• BSA Mercury
    • Diana G80
    • SMK B2 Custom!

Don't take the mick bout the B2 tho - Our kid just got the keys to her new house yesterday and that was hiding in the wardrobe!

Might be worth a strip just to make a plinker, and the stock's not too bad for what it is!

If the above have been covered could anyone provide me with the issue number (or a photocopy) so I can have a go myself?

Cheers,

Dan

Hmmmmmm, how abouts a detailed step by step strip down of a gat gun, well maybe for next aprils issue. But seriously, an online database of all the guns you have strippedwould be good, at least you cant lose it that way like i have seemed to have done with so many of my AGW issues.

dersbum Guest
    How about

an essential top 10 of the tools of the trade (spring compressor, allen keys, brushes pull throughs et.c. et.c.)

non rifle specific top tips, general tips on servicing, safety, general care and maintenance.

a step by step guide to fitting the stage one venom kit, i know it's relatively easy but may benefit someone who is toying with the idea.

a step by step guide on how to re-blue either with the new proprietory products or the more traditional ones.

fitting of a gas ram

keeping a diy theme why not do pellet trap/stop. wobbly target. spinners, hft style targets. gunlamp et.c.

some of these may have already been done as i don't always buy the mag.

>an essential top 10 of the tools of the trade (spring compressor, allen keys, brushes pull throughs et.c. et.c.)

Good one, I'll give that some serious thought, thanks.

>a step by step guide to fitting the stage one venom kit, i know it's relatively easy but may benefit someone who is toying with the idea.

I fitted a Venom kit on the HW80 and HW77/97 strips. I think most of what you need to know is in there somewhere.

>a step by step guide on how to re-blue either with the new proprietory products or the more traditional ones.

I might have a crack at this. There are a few options to go at these days.

>fitting of a gas ram

Probably in the pipeline........keep watching.

Cheers,

Phil

Originally posted by Geordie [/i]
    [B]Again, no Idea if they've been done already but I have 3 that could do with a good fettling[*]BSA Mercury[*]Diana G80[*]SMK B2 Custom!

BSA Mercury is fairly similar to the Airsporter which was covered a year or so ago. The differences in cocking are fairly obvious and the Mercury is easier if anything.

I think Jamie Benson did something on tuning a B2 about a year ago.

G80, oooooh! Not seen one of those in ages.

Cheers,

Phil

Originally posted by RichardH
    How about persuading the nice folk at Romsey to put all the files together, PDF them all and sell a CD with all the articles for twenty quid a go through the mag.
    It's a distinct possibility and has been mooted already. Ok, so how many people would like such a disk?

Phil

I'll start the ball rolling, can I have a disc please?
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

You can put me down for a disk.

As far as stockmaking goes ..... would it be worth having a chat with Paul Wilson??

Alternatively, could you do "Readers Strips" , tastefully done, no smut

id definately have a disc if there going to be made

and how about the sharp innova !! great little rifle that appeals to alot of people both young and old. and fairly straight forward so im told. seems alot of people have these rifles{me included if you want an innova to try it on, you can do mine if you want !

have you done the tx200 yet ? {most probably!
    if so what issue phil ?

how about the air arms s410/s400 range. lots of people have them, so would appeal to a large amount of readers........

would love to see the innova, and s410 though.........id certainly buy that issue.....
    A Sapper is someone who quenches your thirst if you require a drink in the desert. If you need to cross the fastest river he will bridge that gap, and if the path ahead is too much to bear, the Sapper will guide you through holding your hand. UBIQUE is his motto - for he and his family have been everywhere.

stoaty Guest
    Okie Phil!

Send me your complete collection of Airgun World, Sporting Air Rifle, Airgunner magazines up to me when I've moved to Scotland and as a labour of love I'll buy a scanner - scan the lot of them and write them to DVD with the new 'puter when I've finished.
    All twenty-odd years worth! I'm sure Romsey wouldn't mind selling the magazines all over again - in a digital format, or they could become a holy archive. I know what I would rather be reading in two thousand years.

strips -

HW35e or is the 80/77 strips to relate to them? Could maybe show along side other 35 models ie vixen etc.
    Logun Mk1
    BSA S10

regards

Mark.