Back in February I decided to purchase a PCP target air pistol. Not a great deal of choice in the second hand market as I'm left handed so I went to the local club and ordered the Rohm. After much anticpation I was on the brink of cancelling it when it arrived in earlier this month.

Having a quick look in the generous sized case I took possetion of it after Peter charged it up for me. Total cost £440.

A couple of nights later I took it for a shoot, first thing I noticed was there was a little play between the pistol body and the grip. I removed the grip and noticed a plastic grommet. After this was removed and the grip re-installed the play was no more.

Operating the pistol the slide seemed quite stiff but worked OK.

Charging, I had to buy an adapter to fit between the pistol adapter and the pump before I could pump it. When you screw the cylinder home the bleed valve must be shut as the cylinder back pressures the pump. Also if you open the bleed valve after charging it empties the cylinder. GRrrrrrr.

Comparing it to Skeltz's Rohm we noticed the spare rear sights were not in the box

After a good few shots the slide was still stiff so I used the long plastic probe down the tube to see if the magazine was lined up with the barrel, the probe was catching so I adjusted the grub screw as best I could and found the slide is now moving freely and smooth.

Summary;
A very accurate pistol power just short of 4.0fpe with AA Field good on can mangling as well as paper. Fiddly to load but provides over 80 shots. The charging design means you have to unscrew the cylinder from the adapter at full pressure I'm sure this will greatly reduce the life of the seal on the end of the cylinder. The pistol fits well in the hand and is well balanced included are balance weights if you need them I took mine off. 9/10 for accuracy and fun 5/10 for design (knocked up with a gripe springs to mind) 2/10 for quality inspection prior to despatch.
John (not the greates Rohm fan)