Thread: Interogation by the FLO

5sheds Guest

Interogation by the FLO

I am applying for my FAC and someone has told me that the flo will give me a proper grilling, ask me all sorts of difficult questions, and that they treat an application for air rifles the same as for rim fire, has anyone had the grilling? and do they treat it the same as rimfire, as i`m worried there are quite a few public footpaths on my shoot. Thanks in advance.

neill Guest

fac

And thats the nice guy, wait until the the "nasty" character of the duo gets you!

neill Guest

FLO

A good bit of advice is to NOT open the door to him with a spliff in your mouth and a can of special brew in your hand!

Dave. Guest

Re: FLO

Originally posted by neill
    A good bit of advice is to NOT open the door to him with a spliff in your mouth and a can of special brew in your hand!

Damn, I wish someone had told me this before my visit

CalorGaz Guest
    So having your harley hog outside and a dozen pi$$ed up bikers round at the time of the visit isn't a good idea then ?

CG

Smudgegs Guest

Wink Getting back to the original question...

In my experience the flo is mainly trying to establish that
    1. You are a fairly "normal" sort of a person, you have a stable home life, no mental illnesses, that sort of thing.
    2. that you have a suitable place to keep a firearm, eg in an alarmed house in a "good" area he's going to be less picky then in a council multi storey where there are break ins every week... (excuse the generalisations, I'm looking at it from their side!)
    3. That you have access to ground where it can be safely and legally used.

They are generally pretty fair (in my experience though that is limited to Scotland) and some of them are actually in the job because they shoot themselves so don't panick too much! Their main problem is that if they say you can have a license and then you run amok then they have to explain to the press/judge/boss/grieving relatives why they let you have the license... looked at that way you can see why they want to ask a few relevant questions!
    Good luck anyway!
    Smudge

SWAT Strachan is offline I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me...
    some of them are actually in the job because they shoot themselves
    Bl00dy hell, and they call US irresponsible! Must be all the stress .
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

Phil FH70 Guest
    SWAT, surly they cant have given you a FAC living at Portchester.
    From some one who lived at Weecock Farm for quite a few years.
    Phil FH70

SWAT Strachan is offline I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me...
    They haven't yet. I'm still waiting for the FLO from Cosham to call me, I've left enough messages for him to ring me. I'm patient.
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

Smudgegs Guest
    Originally posted by SWAT Strachan
    Bl00dy hell, and they call US irresponsible! Must be all the stress .
    Ahhh I can explain that one... when one of my referees was being asked about my experience with guns he started to tell the flo about my accuracy on the range and the flo interrupted him saying "I don't care if he can hit anything I just want to know he's safe",
    Therefore I conclude that as long as the flo's shoot themselves safely it's ok

no?
    Smudge

Sid Guest
    I've got very limited experience with FLO's and can only comment on how things are done round here, but it's not a case of the 3rd degree at all.

I fell for these 'interrogation' stories and was crapping myself to be honest, but it didn't work out like that at all in practise.

Tell him the absolute truth is the best advice I can give you, that's what I was advised by people who know the score.
    If you don't know the maximum danger range of a rimfire round or a shotgun cartridge then admit you don't - he'll tell you what it is. The interview isn't an exam.

Good luck

Sid Guest
    Originally posted by xxrobrsvxx
    My suggestion would be to treat him like any other member of the Air gun community
    I'd advise against that, treating him like a muppet who shoots cats, swans and ducks at the local park and can't read and write properly
    Last edited by Sid; 23-05-2004 at 12:56 AM.

Originally posted by Sid
    I'd advise against that, treating him like a muppet who shoots cats, swans and ducks at the local park and can't read and write properly
    Nearly pissed myself I do look forward to Sids late night contributions
    Carl .. AA S410K Nikko Sniper 10x42, AA TX200SR Simmons ProAir 4-12x40, Venom 97K Nikko Sniper 10x42.