Thread: Where in the UK can I buy a spring compressor...?

Johnny - Sweden Guest

Question Where in the UK can I buy a spring compressor...?

I would like to buy one like this:

http://www.airgunexpress.com/Accesso...00-01-1700.htm

Unfortunly this US company will not sale this to Scandinavia.

Perhaps there is a dealer in the UK that I can buy it from instead?

Thanks.

draftsmann Guest
    Plan B is to make your own. In Britain you can buy cheap Chinese sash cramps for a few pounds. If they can be found in Sweden they would make the perfect base for a spring compressor.

Adrian

Johnny - Sweden Guest
    I have already two homemade ones.

They can do the job but I would like to buy a purposemade one becouse I use them quite often and Im tierd of having to work on them rather then the gun half of the time.

I would also like to have a rotating part so that I can work with the HW guns with threaded recivercaps without hazzle.

It would also be nice to have factorymade dowels for the BSA range of springers instead of converted sparkplug-tools...

smiley Guest
    strangely enough... airgun world have a feature on how to make your own this month and i know you have home-made but (look's tidy!)... e-mail me via smilesalot@boltblue.com with your address and i will post you the mag f.o.c cheers smiley

Johnny - Sweden Guest
    Thanks for your offer Smiley, but I have already got this months issue in the mailbox.

What I am looking for is that kind of compressor that Phil B uses in some of his excellent AGW articles "Bulmer does a strip"..

smiley Guest
    What I am looking for is that kind of compressor that Phil B uses in some of his excellent AGW articles "Bulmer does a strip"..

if its any help... you can e-mail a.g.w to find out where phil b purchased... and if its anymore help, find out if the u.s supplier will post to the u.k and i could forward it on... all you have to do is cover postage/import tax! the offers there if you are stuck... regards smiley
    Last edited by smiley; 25-04-2004 at 07:54 PM.

Johnny - Sweden Guest
    He wrote in one of his articles that he have bought it from the US so I presume it is the B-square model he uses.

Just found this thread. The compressor I use is indeed the B-Square model on the web page you posted. The pad on the end of the threaded bar does indeed rotate to allow HW trigger blocks to be compressed. There is also an attachment for stripping BSAs. I used mine only last night to put an HW45 cylinder back together, it will work with guns of all sizes.

Mine came direct from B-Square as a sample. If B-Square wont deal direct, try speaking to Tony Gibson of Deben. They have no plans to import these compressors but they might order one in for you on their next shipment.

Hope this helps.

Phil
    'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

sniper22 Guest
    i use a sashcramp i bought from machine mart years ago when i had an hw80 back block chase me around the room.

Johnny - Sweden Guest
    Hello Phil...!

Nice to hear from you in person.

I have spoken to Eric at Compasseco and they promised to make the arrangements for a delivery to Sweden.

The price was $99 and an additional $45 to cover P&P.

And again - I love your series in AGW.

They are themself a good reason to get the magazine.

Keep up the good work.

Glad you managed to find a supplier. Ask them to remove the four long bolts with wing nuts. They tend to get bent in transit as the freight apes jump on the box from what I see.

It's a nice item, I don't need it all that often but when I do it's worth its weight in platinum.

Cheers,

Phil
    'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

Troubledshooter Guest
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Pat..
    [B]You're all a bunch of puffs.

Weight lifting gloves and an old towel on the floor is all you need
    (and get one of the kids to push the pin in with shaking fingers 'cos they've seen the holes in the ceiling!)

Tightwad!