Thread: Statistics?

toryu Guest

Statistics?

Hi All

Just getting back into shooting after a long break from the sport and hasn't it changed, New laws etc! Considering all the references made to gun crime does anyone know a site that publishes the statistics of so called gun crime..i.e the amount of armed robberies etc that have been carried out with replica guns as opposed to real guns.
    I'm just trying to find out some of the "facts" about whats being said so that when at the local club this sometimes heated debate gets going I've at least tried to educate myself as to the state of affairs.

Cheers

Martin

Have a look in the first Sticky on here.

Open the Fierams Contros Consultation

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Scroll to the bottom, you'll find some statistics

Ray

Denn Guest
    Statistics

One foot in the oven.
    one foot in the freezer.

Statistically comfortable?

I've seen statistics manipulated far to often.
    Denn.

toryu Guest

cheers ray!

Cheers Ray. very helpful

I know statistics can be manipulated by people for their own ends but they give you the basis for further research...
    for example: According to statistics women drivers are safer than men as they have less accidents...
    If you bother to look into it in general woman have less accidents than men per year but if you base the statistics on road miles driven they have more.
    the average man drives 12000+ mile per annum
    the average woman drives 6000 miles per annum.
    I know it's off topic but that little bit of information comes in handy when your confronted by one of those smug women telling you how much better they drive.

once again cheers Ray

Martin

allymax Guest

Statistics Shmastistics

10% of all road accidents are caused by people who have consumed alcohol. (Govt Statistic).

Therefore you have a 9/10 chance of being shunted from the rear (oooer missus) by some idiot who hasn't been drinking.....