Thread: Faulty scope advice wanted.

Faulty scope advice wanted.

Whilst it's not a premier item I quite like my BSA 8 to 32 Deerhunter scope, but for ages I've had to put up with lack of azimuth adjustment and twiddling the turret doesn't affect the POI in any respect. I have managed by adjusting the mounts to get "good zero", but that option is no longer available to me on my current set up. Is it likely that I could get the scope back to fully serviceable condition, or should I try and get another set of adjustable mounts, or should the scope just be ditched and another take it's place. It's being used as a "Spotting Scope" at the moment but not really earning its keep any more. If I do ditch it, what's a reasonably priced reasonable quality replacement.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

Use a rubber hammer or a Gary C special ( shoe) and give it a tap to see if it loosens up the internals as they may be stuck. Wind the adjustment the opposite way so there is no tension and give it a tap.

Paul Burke may be able to fix it but the cost may be the deciding factor.

Have you tried removing the actual turret dial (not sure that's the correct word) to see if the shaft itself is turning, or will turn with a pair of pliers ?

Thanks for the replies to date folks. After a further play with it as suggested, there's nothing further that I can do so I'll look at replacing it and list the scope for spares/repairs just on the off chance it's of some use to someone.

Vic Thompson.

Scope

Paul Burke used to run a scope repair business. Give him a try. Mach 1.5