Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A 'How To' guide to uploading pictures onto the BBS.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A 'How To' guide to uploading pictures onto the BBS.

There are many different web hosting sites out there which you can use, but for this guide I'm going to use Photobucket as that's who I use.

Once you've created a free account with them you're able to start uploading pictures and videos; the method for each is identical.

The first screen you'll see has this box in it.

You'll then click 'Choose Files' and another box will pop up.

Select the picture you want from your computer and click 'Open' at the bottom right of this box.

Your picture will then start to upload to Photobucket and when its completed uploading you'll see a thumbnail of that picture with some URLs beneath it, like this:

You just need to 'right click' copy the 'Direct' URL and 'right click' paste the URL into your thread or post.

To turn the URL into a 'link word' in a post, all you have to do is to highlight the word you want as your link by single left clicking [and holding] your mouse and moving it across the word. Then click the hyperlink icon [], clear the text in the box and paste the URL into it and press 'OK'.

Job done.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    I use Imageshack
    Just click on the file you want to upload via the "browse" button, then click "host it"

Then scroll down to the "Direct Image" copy and paste the link into your post.
    You may find that the picture you want to upload is a biggie, because of the capabillity of todays camera's "Click on resize image" If you are using XP you can use Micro$oft powertoy image resizer. Then just right click the pic you want to upload and go resize. A duplicate will then appear, but of a smaller size.
    Last edited by Neil.; 26-07-2008 at 10:44 PM.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    I use Imageshack
    Just click on the file you want to upload via the "browse" button, then click "host it"

You may find that the picture you want to upload is a biggie, because of the capabillity of todays camera's "Click on resize image" If you are using XP you can use Micro$oft powertoy image resizer. Then just right click the pic you want to upload and go resize. A duplicate will then appear, but of a smaller size.
    Super tip that Neil
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    Super tip that Neil
    If only it worked with fat birds.

Bump it up please

Bump Please
    mickmick
    fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by mickmick View Post
    Bump Please
    Wassup?

I use Imageshack

just see your signature..,

"57ft Narrowboat "Spirit" Crew HW100k MTC Viper 8-32x60IR

No Fears For Steady Men"

Im on a boat too.., a 58ft down in bath
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

A 'How To' guide to uploading pictures onto the BBS.

I'd just like to say thanks to all the members who took the time to reply to my thread. I picked up some useful tips; I'm just trying to upload a picture of my new Daystate Huntsman Classic XL FAC 30lb air rifle. When I mentioned I was getting this model people asked for pictures and performance report. The rifle should've arrived 51/2weeks ago but due to Daystate being behind on orders it took 8weeks; without giving to much away 'It was worth the wait'!!!
    regards,
    Steve Harris.
    Daystate Huntsman Classic .22 sub 12lb & Huntsman Classic XL .22 FAC 30ft lbs

I use Imageshack

Hi Neil,

Thanks to you and everyone else. It's all fine until it isn't. It never comes up on the screen the way it's supposed to and then I'm lost because I simply don't understand (or care to) what the words mean. WTF is a URL? If I want links I go to the butcher and ask for a lb of sausages. The b-----d thing is supposed to be my servant not my master. I could cheerfully stand at the back door and dropkick my laptop into the outer darkness. And I've been 3 years getting this far! I never needed Photobucket or any of the other demons until I joined the BBS. A big mistake was letting my pal persuade me to put Linux on the 'big' computer - after a week I insisted he remove it. If I fanny about with it for 30 minutes I can fetch up My Pictures but can't do a thing with them. Another brand of aggro.

OK! Rant over. I'm still grateful to you all just so frustrated by the idiot box. I don't swear much as that way it means more and isn't just punctuation. And it's not just me - only last week I asked the middle daughter if her mother was using herlaptop or had she contracted Tourettes! If it was a dog I'd have shot it years ago.

I'm off to bed now to dream of a place where the lemonade springs and the bluebird sings and Microsoft is my friend.

Evening all, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

If I take photos on my phone I just upload them to Facebook with (only me) as the audience and then right click copy URL and then paste that in the hyperlink section, can post a photo within 20seconds of taking it.

Obviously completely useless if you aren't using a photo on your phone but I suppose you could still upload it to Facebook via your pc and the hyperlink it from there.

Last edited by Keith Oakes; 24-10-2008 at 03:18 AM.

i agree with jim ive tryed loadsa times to no avail. tommorow when im not so tired im guna give this a go. but there must be more 'simple' people like me out there.

Quote Originally Posted by non stock stock View Post
    i agree with jim ive tryed loadsa times to no avail. tommorow when im not so tired im guna give this a go. but there must be more 'simple' people like me out there.
    If I'm online tomorrow I'll try to walk you through it.

Although just follow the instructions and you won't need walking through.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

I have got to ask ?

why cant I use the "manage attchments "button as used on the sales pages ? Tezz

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by middaycowboy View Post
    why cant I use the "manage attchments "button as used on the sales pages ? Tezz

Because thats the way it is
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE