Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A 'How To' guide to uploading pictures onto the BBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    I use Imageshack
    Just click on the file you want to upload via the "browse" button, then click "host it"

Then scroll down to the "Direct Image" copy and paste the link into your post.
    You may find that the picture you want to upload is a biggie, because of the capabillity of todays camera's "Click on resize image" If you are using XP you can use Micro$oft powertoy image resizer. Then just right click the pic you want to upload and go resize. A duplicate will then appear, but of a smaller size.
    just see your signature..,

"57ft Narrowboat "Spirit" Crew HW100k MTC Viper 8-32x60IR

No Fears For Steady Men"

Im on a boat too.., a 58ft down in bath
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

A 'How To' guide to uploading pictures onto the BBS.

I'd just like to say thanks to all the members who took the time to reply to my thread. I picked up some useful tips; I'm just trying to upload a picture of my new Daystate Huntsman Classic XL FAC 30lb air rifle. When I mentioned I was getting this model people asked for pictures and performance report. The rifle should've arrived 51/2weeks ago but due to Daystate being behind on orders it took 8weeks; without giving to much away 'It was worth the wait'!!!
    regards,
    Steve Harris.
    Daystate Huntsman Classic .22 sub 12lb & Huntsman Classic XL .22 FAC 30ft lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    I use Imageshack
    Just click on the file you want to upload via the "browse" button, then click "host it"

Then scroll down to the "Direct Image" copy and paste the link into your post.
    You may find that the picture you want to upload is a biggie, because of the capabillity of todays camera's "Click on resize image" If you are using XP you can use Micro$oft powertoy image resizer. Then just right click the pic you want to upload and go resize. A duplicate will then appear, but of a smaller size.

Hi Neil,

Thanks to you and everyone else. It's all fine until it isn't. It never comes up on the screen the way it's supposed to and then I'm lost because I simply don't understand (or care to) what the words mean. WTF is a URL? If I want links I go to the butcher and ask for a lb of sausages. The b-----d thing is supposed to be my servant not my master. I could cheerfully stand at the back door and dropkick my laptop into the outer darkness. And I've been 3 years getting this far! I never needed Photobucket or any of the other demons until I joined the BBS. A big mistake was letting my pal persuade me to put Linux on the 'big' computer - after a week I insisted he remove it. If I fanny about with it for 30 minutes I can fetch up My Pictures but can't do a thing with them. Another brand of aggro.

OK! Rant over. I'm still grateful to you all just so frustrated by the idiot box. I don't swear much as that way it means more and isn't just punctuation. And it's not just me - only last week I asked the middle daughter if her mother was using herlaptop or had she contracted Tourettes! If it was a dog I'd have shot it years ago.

I'm off to bed now to dream of a place where the lemonade springs and the bluebird sings and Microsoft is my friend.

Evening all, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

If I take photos on my phone I just upload them to Facebook with (only me) as the audience and then right click copy URL and then paste that in the hyperlink section, can post a photo within 20seconds of taking it.

Obviously completely useless if you aren't using a photo on your phone but I suppose you could still upload it to Facebook via your pc and the hyperlink it from there.

very helpfull

Quote Originally Posted by non stock stock View Post
    i agree with jim ive tryed loadsa times to no avail. tommorow when im not so tired im guna give this a go. but there must be more 'simple' people like me out there.
    Yep i am as thick as shite when it comes to all things computer related

Uploading for luddites like me.

First, take a digital photo & save it to your computer. Second, Join a free host site, I'm on "imgbb.com" so that's the one I'll explain.

I have two open internet pages which make it easy, my ISP home page & my ISP search page.

On page 1 open the BBS, open your thread, type the text drop the flashing cursor to a new line.

Now on page 2 open imgbb.com & sign in, click "Albums", click "Create new Album", a box will open type in a name (BBS ?), description & privacy setting, I use "private anyone with the link", click "Save Changes"

At the top of the imgbb page click "upload", a box (A) will open, click "Browse your computer" a new box will open which should have your computer pictures, select the photo you want, click "Open", you will now be back at page (A) with the picture & a box underneath to select the album you want it in, underneath that is a green "upload" button, If you want another photo click "your computer" & repeat the selection, when you have all the photos you want to show click the green "upload" button.

The photo(s) will then upload, when done there is a green tick-upload complete- a thumbnail of the photo & 2 "embed code" boxes, the bottom box has a https address, click that address to highlight it (if more than 1 photo all will highlight) then RIGHT click the highlight, a new box will open click on copy.

Now reopen page 1 to show your BBS thread & RIGHT click on the flashing cursor a new box will open, click "paste" & the https address of the photo(s) will appear as a link.

Submit your post, Go back to page 2 imgbb, click "close" on the upload page, click your profile & sign out.

Once signed out, go back to the BBS & click the link in your post to test it, that's it job done.

Uploading

Sounds a bit out of my ability lol il get the kids to do it ha

Test

Another test

my cafe 'racer'

I've tried to do that bit where you copy the photo from FB....it means you've got to open the f/b link (hope that's ok with the mods)....this classic has been to lots of cafes..

regards
    Allen

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net...75&oe=5EC27BC1

My pics hosted in my Google Drive are not shown. I have changed permissions and copy links, but the y don't work. Any suggestion? I don`t like to host pics on another webs beacuse I lost all my pics in the infamous imageshack and another one before that disappeared suddenly...

I try again:

I'm going to put here the code inserted before , except [ in order to watch it:

IMG]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lqQ1zoxHfOhlNw9N0olY_waMQB67kGTM/view?usp=sharing[/IMG]
    Only works as a link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lqQ...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by kijoseki View Post
    My pics hosted in my Google Drive are not shown. I have changed permissions and copy links, but the y don't work. Any suggestion? I don`t like to host pics on another webs beacuse I lost all my pics in the infamous imageshack and another one before that disappeared suddenly...

I try again:

I'm going to put here the code inserted before , except [ in order to watch it:

IMG]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lqQ1zoxHfOhlNw9N0olY_waMQB67kGTM/view?usp=sharing[/IMG]
    Only works as a link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lqQ...ew?usp=sharing
    Google drive won't allow hot-linking for in-post viewing, they force you to follow the link where the image is displayed

Let's see if this works....

EDIT: It does!