Thread: S-16 Any Good

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    anygreg Guest

Good things come to those who wait...

And finally,

I have owned both the S16 Mk1 and Mk2 and don't think anyone can deny there were problems with the first and even the early Mk2's where not good to say the least, but, and there is a but, In Logun’s defense they kept customer focused and supported the customer all the way down the line until it was fixed, and still do today, also consider over 8000 of these have been sold (have yet to hear of anyone who hasn’t reached a resolution with Logun, now that saying something in this day and age, any one own a faulty Theoben..?). Admittedly some of the problems were manufacturing defects but equally a lot of the blame was down to the user as well. People love to assemble these things and take the apart as if they were a toy, whilst still charged at full pressure (200bar!!) this obviously doesn’t do any of the seals any good. The users then complain that their S16 is loosing air …and so the S16 story began. Got off on a bit of a bad foot reallyL. I have been there with a similar problem with my MK1 (not user error though!!) after excellent comms with Logun they sorted it out, FOC, with, may I add, an apology for the problem! I am now the proud owner of a MK2 S16 and am very very impressed with the shooting capabilities of this air rifle. Unquestionable accuracy shot after shot, extremely quite and in my opinion a good looking piece of kit without any wood!

Would I sell it …No chance. If you get a good one, which all of the latest ones should be, hold onto it, you will not be disappointed.

Would I buy another, won’t have to, keeping the one I've got, if it goes wrong I will ring Logun, end of story.

Would I recommend one, yes, but these aren’t for kids, if you want something to strip down and rebuild buy some meccano!!

One last point, one thing I have noticed about the new super slick MK2 S16 (love it!) Logun have re-written the manual since the MK1, putting all the does and don’ts, and yes there are a few, but I like that, it makes the thing more human and more interesting to own. Get one of these little puppies on song and it’s as good as any other top air rifle out there, if a little quirkier.
    Last edited by anygreg; 24-05-2004 at 05:56 PM.