Thread: New Shooter !!

allymax Guest

New Shooter !!

Took my daughter (10 yrs old) to an indoor range for the first time. She's previously fired a CO2 pistol over about 20 ft and while not tremendously accurate, was pretty consistent, by that I mean can group 5 shots somewhere on the target. Anyways, set her up some paper targets at 10 mtrs and gave her a quick lesson on loading and aiming with a scope, a long safety lecture and set her at it with a ratty. After about 15 mins, she was grouping quite well, so adjusted the scope and set her on some 'ducks' and 'pigeons' of the metal variety of course at 20 mtrs and she's knocking the heads down 5 times out of 7. Not bad for a kid, and a girl too !!! If only her mother could learn 'kitchen craft' as quickly !!

If only her mother could learn 'kitchen craft' as quickly !!
    With a comment like that, your missus will be grouping 5 out of 7 rolling pins in tight groups on the top of your head
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

allymax Guest
    Not unless she gets a rimmie rolling pin mate. I stay WELL out of legal rolling pin range....