Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Addictive Innit ???

Quote Originally Posted by LONG REACH View Post
    I understand his feelings completely !!!

The only thing that bothers me, is that I've been told that I probably won't be allowed 2 guns of the same calibre on my ticket, when I apply for it, which sort of throws a spanner in the works, as I would like a .44 Rogers & Spencer & a .44 Remington NMA, both in stainless !!!
    Is this a UK thing, or just where I live (South West Wales) ?

Anyway, the wife & I are going to pay a visit to our FEO, sometime in the next couple of weeks, to see if we can iron a few thing out and ask a few questions, as there's a lot I need defininte answers for, from source, as it were and I've heard our FEO is a very reasonable and nice lady to talk to.

All the very best
    Baz
    Hi Baz

It's a UK thing - so don't feel victimised - we all are !!

As always - you have to justify "good reason" & the argument they will use is "why do you need 2 guns that do the same thing" . ?

How about one with 'original' sights for 'in the spirit of' shooting & one with adj Target Sights like my NMA ..

Just a thought

Cheers

Roy

Another 'good reason' may be that you want to get into Cowboy Action Shooting - 2 pistols not unusual for that.

Have a look at some of the videos on the CAS web site (USA) to see what I mean.

If you can't find it, there's a link to CAS on my club web site.

Just wondering? Have you been told you cant have 2 x .44 pistols ?
    I have 2, a pistol and a revolver and used to have 3 with no problems.
    My Rogers and Spencer was the first proper gun i bought and its brilliant. Nice to shoot and has a full size grip so no tucking your little finger underneath the wood. Ok. I cant keep em all in the black but who cares!

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    Just wondering? Have you been told you cant have 2 x .44 pistols ?
    I have 2, a pistol and a revolver and used to have 3 with no problems.
    My Rogers and Spencer was the first proper gun i bought and its brilliant. Nice to shoot and has a full size grip so no tucking your little finger underneath the wood. Ok. I cant keep em all in the black but who cares!
    Hi Tim, I haven't been officially told that I can't have more than one pistol in the same calibre, it's just what some of the officials at the club I go to have said. But Ali (the wife) and I are going to see our FEO next week (if we can get to see her then), as there's quite a few things I need to straighten out regarding me and my past and the refusal to renew my shotgun cert (and get my renwal money back, as they've had it for about 18 months )
    It maybe only a Dyfed Powys Police thing, although as you will have seen in an earlier post, it's not only happening here

All the best
    Baz