Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are CO2 refills allowed during competition?

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off

Are CO2 refills allowed during competition?

If you're using a co2 pistol in a 60 shot competition, are you allowed to change the cylinder before the pressure runs out on you? If so, can you do a dry fire to check the new one?
    What happened in the days before PCP guns came out?
    I've seen a co2 10 metre gun which is affordable, hence the question.

Thanks a lot
    Garry

AFAIK, you can change cylinders during a competition and you are allowed to fire a dry-fire (without a pellet) at the target area in order to check the gun. But think twice before buying a CO2 gun for 10m competition. A single-stroke pneumatic (esp the FAS) or a springer (FWB 65, 80 or 90) is a much better budget choice (between £150 to £250). Which CO2 gun are you considering?
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 13-07-2008 at 06:45 AM. Reason: technical error

Any release of the propelling charge, after the first competition target is in place, without a hit on the target will be scored as a miss. Dry firing without the release of the propelling charge is permitted except during finals.

If the shooter wishes to change or fill, a gas or air cylinder,he/she must leave the firing point to do so (permission must be obtained). No extra time will be allowed to compensate for time lost by a shooter who leaves the firing point to charge or to fill their gas or air cylinder.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Proper bulk fill CO2 match pistols were designed so that they would last a full competition plus sighters on a single cylinder, so I wouldn't really worry about it.

The one I saw is called an Alpha(Alfa?) Sport for £320. I couldn't find any info on the web about it. The grip has CZ marked on it, but no info on the CZ Brno site.
    I'll look at the others mentioned, I presume they would be 2nd hand for that price range?
    It's a shame the sights on my Crosman are a shade over 50mm wide as I can get
    about 70 shots before the power drops.

Thanks for the replies

Garry

Looked on eGun ? You can get a Steyr for that money. Apologies for the translation ...

http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/tran...bf01251f177fbb

Building of fine works == FWB

Rule ago == Walther

SofortKauf == buy it now

Talking

Thanks for the link, it's worth a visit just for the translations
    If we had a site like that in this country, I'd have no money left.
    I'll have to brush up on the little German I learnt years ago.

Didn't realise co2 could be bulk filled, I assumed it was all 12g capsules

Thanks
    Garry

The Alfa will take bulk fill and is supplied with a 150gm bottle and adaptor. IMO you are better off with 12gm capsules though as it is difficult to tell how much gas you are transferring from bulk. A 12 gm capsule gives 80 - 110 shots depending on temperature and velocity setting.

The Alfa is a pretty good gun, but with the present price of £320 new, I think you would be better off with a good S/H Aeron or Tau, probably for less money. When I bought my Alfa just over two years ago, it was Euro230 delivered, inc VAT. A different ball game.

A shooting buddy in our club got an excellent Aeron for £150 a few months ago. No-one seems to want CO2 any more, but that's their loss! Flavour of the month syndrome maybe?
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

The big advantage of bulk co2 is the cost - a 14lb refill is usually £7.50 - £10 which will last for ages ( 14lb = 6350g = 529 lots of 12g ).

And you can get it wherever you find beer !

Out of interest, can anyone tell me how much it costs for an air fill of a diver's bottle and how long it lasts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Duned View Post
    The big advantage of bulk co2 is the cost - a 14lb refill is usually £7.50 - £10 which will last for ages ( 14lb = 6350g = 529 lots of 12g ).

And you can get it wherever you find beer !

Out of interest, can anyone tell me how much it costs for an air fill of a diver's bottle and how long it lasts ?
    I think your maths are a bit out 14lb=6.3504kg=6350400g=529166 lots of 12g.
    Could someone better at maths than I check this.If I am correct,someone will have to work out how to refill 12g carts.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pig View Post
    I think your maths are a bit out 14lb=6.3504kg=6350400g=529166 lots of 12g.
    Could someone better at maths than I check this.If I am correct,someone will have to work out how to refill 12g carts.
    Peter
    No mate your maths are out
    1kg=1000gm
    6.35kg=6350gm
    so Duned is correct

Thanks for that Andy, wrong again.
    Peter

Personally, I'm just amazed that I can still do sums.

Does anyone have the facts and figures for compressed air ? I still would like to know ...

I've tried looking at the Alfa website but I just get a blue background and nothing else happens.
    Does it load up ok for anyone else?
    http://www.alfa-proj.cz/

Thanks
    Garry

i have a 12 litre 232 bar divers bottle that i use to fill my air rifle with to 200 bar and i take it to a divers shop to be filled once it wont fill my gun to 200 bar and it costs about £4. not sure how many shots i get out of that but i know its a fair few tins of pellets hope this helps, dan.