Thread: Trigger job on Umarex Smith?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Trigger job on Umarex Smith?

I'm getting the hang of shooting the Smith. Compared with my Beeman, it has just as good sights: better sighting radius: goes 10 rounds without reloading (but requires C02 cartridges): and is heavy enough to steady my shaky hands (though holding it gets tiring after awhile).

But the TRIGGER! Sometinmes I wonder if I should use two fingers to pull it back!

Does anyone know if it can be adjusted, or if a pistolsmith could do anything with it?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I'm getting the hang of shooting the Smith. Compared with my Beeman, it has just as good sights: better sighting radius: goes 10 rounds without reloading (but requires C02 cartridges): and is heavy enough to steady my shaky hands (though holding it gets tiring after awhile).

But the TRIGGER! Sometinmes I wonder if I should use two fingers to pull it back!

Does anyone know if it can be adjusted, or if a pistolsmith could do anything with it?

Jim
    Hi Jim, how you doing? Just a quick thought about that fine S&W of yours. Have you tried it without a mag' in it. Try dry firing. I've got 6 mags with mine and one of them is a right s.o.b. almost need two fingers pulling to index it. When I look closely at it there's no visible difference to the others. Maybe you've got a doggy mag ?
    Without a mag in it you'll be able to determine if it's the trigger or something else causing it to be stiff
    Good luck, Phil