Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Typhoon

Webley Typhoon

I am thinking of buying one for target plinking in garden.

Any reviews?

Thanks

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Get a Weihrauch HW70 instead. Better quality, nice trigger, easy to cock, simple, last a lifetime. Buddyboy has a s/h one for sale in the For Sale section.

Wink okkkkkkkkkkkkk

i agree,,,the typhoon is massive for a pistol,,,,also terrible reviews,,,get a hw70 or hw40pca.......you wont regret it

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?

typhoon

i have the hw40, hw70 , hw45 and hw75 all of them are superb in their own way.
    almost every review of the Typhoon i have read is very negative-except for airgunner magazine which thinks every Webley is great( i wonder what Webleys advertising budget with air gunner is?) or am i just being cynical?
    atb cptman

Quote Originally Posted by cptman View Post
    i have the hw40, hw70 , hw45 and hw75 all of them are superb in their own way.
    almost every review of the Typhoon i have read is very negative-except for airgunner magazine which thinks every Webley is great( i wonder what Webleys advertising budget with air gunner is?) or am i just being cynical?
    atb cptman
    I've got the Hurricane, and for me it peforms 100%. Looks better than the traditional break barrel pistols too
    War does not determine who is right; War determines who is left.

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

the fact is,that webley are on their way out,,,,,the typhoon is outsourced,,,its made in turkey.....ive handled one,,,,,its like stepping back 20 years,,,,,heavy,,,cumbersome,,made of cheap plastic,,tricky to cock,,,and has a anti recoil device fitted,,,,,which gives the trigger about a 3 inch pull,,,buy anything except this

Mines for sale at £35 posted
    Items bought on airgunbbs: 5
    Items sold on airgunbbs: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Don Reid View Post
    I am thinking of buying one for target plinking in garden.

Any reviews?

Thanks
    I've got one in .22 flavour & it is what it is, 50 quids worth of hit or miss fun.
    I rarely use mine bought at the same time as my three good shooting mates got theirs, two of them have got rid already. I don't expect anything from mine so I'm not disappointed but my advise to you would be to put the 50 quid towards a better purchase.
    TX200/Nikko Stirling MKII 10-50
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Quote Originally Posted by neil1972 View Post
    the fact is,that webley are on their way out,,,,,the typhoon is outsourced,,,its made in turkey.....ive handled one,,,,,its like stepping back 20 years,,,,,heavy,,,cumbersome,,made of cheap plastic,,tricky to cock,,,and has a anti recoil device fitted,,,,,which gives the trigger about a 3 inch pull,,,buy anything except this
    Sorry mate, but I disagree. The Hurricane is probably the best pistol I've owned. Cheap plastic? Thing ain't broke yet, and I'm heavy handed. 3 inch trigger pull? Hardly! And so what if its made in Turkey? So are some AK-47's.

Tricky to cock? Only if you're doing it wrong.

I have handled the new Webley Typhoon and found it to be very front heavy and uncomfortable.There are many great pistols out there for plinking,with the Typhoon at the bottom of the list.Lets not get confused with the original models from Webley which were very good and made in G.B

thanks for the advice...think I'll save up my dough for a better model

My brother was bought a typhoon for his birthday by his girlfriend.

He hates it, which I can second, it's heavy, lots of plastic and the trigger is one of the worst I've ever used. I don't much like the anti-recoil sledge system they use on it either, which is used to good effect on some other guns, such as the Diana 54 AirKing, (albeit a rifle).

I suppose that you get what you pay for, we both have HW45's in .22 & .177, brilliant pistols, built to last a life time, but they are 4 times the price.

The difference is, we'll both use the HW45's for a lifetime, while the Typhoon is consigned to the wardrobe, unfortunately, being a birthday present, he can't get rid of it.

Every so often, she asks about it, so it comes out of the cupboard again for a few shots, then rapidly gets buried again.

If you're looking for a good break barrel pistol, you might want to have a look at the Diana P5 Magnum, quite powerful and accurate once you get used to shooting it, very well engineered, although priced around £120.

Good luck

Webley as it was

Might I suggest a second hand Premier or Senior? Available for about £60 to £80 second hand and, with a new spring & washers, a surprisingly nice air pistol.
    I know of a shop with half a dozen or so second hand Juniors, Seniors and Premiers in stock, rather tatty and well used and he's asking £60 to £80 each for them.
    They'll also hold ther value so, if you decide to sell, they won't have depreciated as much.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post
    I have handled the new Webley Typhoon and found it to be very front heavy and uncomfortable.There are many great pistols out there for plinking,with the Typhoon at the bottom of the list.Lets not get confused with the original models from Webley which were very good and made in G.B
    Guess I was confusing the new one with the old one. I didn't even know there WAS a new model! Ho-hum.

bigglesworth Guest

What about a Diana Mod.p5 Magnum?

I have one of these ,it`s well built, easy to shoot and punches out about 5 ft/lbs,it`s also very accurate!I hated my Typhoon ,it was a total waste of money,you`d be better getting quality second hand ;Weihrauch,Gamo or Original/Diana are the marques to go for.
    http://www.diana-airguns.de/index.ph...152&height=864
    DIANA Mayer & Grammelspacher GmbH & Co.KG - MOD. P5 MAGNUM
    Kenny