Thread: Webley Hurricane

Webley Hurricane

I bought one of these from a friend for £40, and have to admit it was an impulse buy.
    I have the .177 Co2 Desert Eagle, but wanted something as a 'coup de grace' pistol whilst hunting. And I have to say, it fills that role perfectly. Yes, its heavy, but I'm a big lad so heavy guns suit me(My BSA Ultra MS looks like a kids toy when I carry it!).

Anyway, question I have about it is, is there a way to up its power? Just by a lb or two.
    War does not determine who is right; War determines who is left.

I know there are people who have tuned their hurricanes & tempests, but this is generally to smooth them out.

I don't beleive there is much you can do to them to increase the power levels, something to do with the design of the compression tube and swept volume.

The compression tube is quite short and of a relatively small diameter, so although you can put a stronger spring inside, this does'nt appear to do much except make them harder to cock, increase recoil and decrease the accuracy.

No doubt there are guys on the forum who can explain this better than me, I'm certainly no expert on tuning spring pistols, but from what I can gather, they are designed to work at their optimum power level from the factory.