Thread: S10 info/help please?

S10 info/help please?

Although the BSA/Theoben rifle design has a lot in common with a house brick, I used one a couple of weeks ago and was impressed with the 'bits' it comes with, that my AAS410 doesn't have.

'Safety' switch for example. [Or 'second' safety switch if you include the trigger. ]

Marker on the magazine to tell you when it's empty.

Regulator.

Think I've also seen conversions from 'buddy-bottle' reservoir, to air-tube types. (Allowing a more aesthetically pleasing stock to be used).

There's a Mk1 and Mk2, one of the differences being the Mk2 has an alloy bottle. The Mk1 is available with a 'bull-barrel' silencer from the factory.

I don't think the scope rails are a standard 11mm either?

The SINGLE most attractive thing about the S10 is the completely uninterrupted length of scope rail, allowing NV gear to be positioned anywhere along its length.

That's about all I know, or can find out.

Things I'd like to know are;

Differences from Mk1 to Mk2?

Scope rail width?

Any info/web site on an 'air tube' conversion?

Can a Theoben (Anchultz) barrel be fitted:

There are no prizes for this quiz sadly, save the knowledge that you'll be saving someone hours and hours of fruitless searching on the Internet. Something that might be a useful thing to have done in the next life. [Especially if you're a 'marginal' case for the Heaven/Hell decision]

Not that many here will qualify as marginal....

To be good, one must do good.

Shaggy Guest
    most of the questions have been answerd in the above.

most set of mounts fit well on the Super10 I been using Sportsmatch & soon to be BKL mounts.

If you are after a tubed Super 10 really I think you need to be talking to Adrian Hartley (STALKER) here's a Picture of a Tiger 10 LE

here's a link to his website

I recon you'd be better off getting the completed articel of Adrian, but they arn't cheap, if you want to be diffrent it costs

but you could also get em like mine I have 2 super10's Carbine Bull Barre
    & 16"a Custom 16" Bull Barrel

there are so many ways in which you can take em, what ever way you go you won't be dissapointed

Hope it Helps?

Darren

An Anschutz barrel can be fitted,after some lathe work to fit the O ring seal,but why would you want to?

Shaggy Guest
    Originally posted by atheo
    An Anschutz barrel can be fitted,after some lathe work to fit the O ring seal,but why would you want to?
    Yeh! why on earth put a german barrel when it's original is just as good! most of the S10's Ihave used are capable of same holing with the exception of 1

ATB

Darren

Darren Petts Guest
    Nothing wrong at all with a S10 barrel. Plenty of Theobens about sporting them. Never heard of a Theoben barrel making the jump the other way though.

I would add that while the S10s flat scope rail makes NV fittment easier the S10 is damned heavy to start with. When you add NV it gets heavier and if it's just gen 1 you'll be hoisting it up to the shoulder regularly for a peek about if stalking with it. I had gen 1 NV on mine and after an hour my arms were tired.
    Last edited by Darren Petts; 23-05-2004 at 05:24 PM.

I posted a reply straight after Rob's post, turned off the computer and went out. Seems my post didn't make it. Anyway....

Rob

It would be easier to get a safety fitted to the aa410 than converting it to the cylinder internal even if it were possible to convert but due to the size of the reg I would have thought that any conversion would be difficult to get the aesthetics right!
    In case there's some confusion, I wanted to fit an air bottle to an S10, like this:

Lionels Stalker with air-tube

Darren + Darren

My thinking on the barrel was this:

The Theoben Anchultz barrel is what 'costs' and is what makes the rifle £700 to buy not £500 like all the other Walther barrelled rifles about. I've used Mk 1 Rapids and their consistency is amazing. I'll accept the S10 is as good, but would explain why a Theoben barrel might be replaced with a Walther, rather than the other way around. (MUCH cheaper job). The barrel swop idea has been binned.

The thing stopping me buying a Stalker, is the LUVVERLY stock, which I'd be too frightened to use in case I damaged it. I'm looking to make (or have made) something like this:

(Blaser) Tactical Stock

My thinking is an S10 gives me everything I would ever need in a rifle including a 'full length' scope rail, abeit a bit of weight. There are 'Stalker' options that would reduce this problem, then I want to fit a 'tactical' style stock possibly made of synthetic material.

As a source of 'inspiration' I have a very small picture of an 'Air Tech Sniper' rifle which I think was an S10 conversion, which is what I'm after but with lightweight stock.

Or I could just buy a RWS Cutlass.

I've heard the theory that Stalker rifles are too nice too take into the field before. I think it's a bit of a myth really - I've used two Stalkers as my main hunting rifles for three years and they are teak tough. My 177 has seen the most use of all and is now in the for sale section. You can see from the pictures that it still looks immaculate.

Lionel

Some bloke in Dowlings was giving me the old chestnut that Stalker Tiger Ten LEs are just tarted up S10s. That was until I let him see mine and pick it up. His expression of pure lust and disbelief was priceless. In case anyone's interested I am also offering that gun that Baldie has linked to with a longer tube with a brass quickfill on the end, so you never need to unscrew it. If I'm in a good mood I might throw in the shorter tube as well.

Lionel

how much is it?

Gary C Guest
    Geoffrey

Give Mr Bowkett a ring mate - mail me if you want his number

Originally posted by welsh shooter
    how much is it?
    If you mean my Stalker - it's 800 quid with 2 mags.

Bowkett is the man but if you want the air tube for lightness and the custom stock, he will almost certainly refer you to his partner Adrian Hartley.

Bowkett/Hartley = mechanics
    Hartley = ergonomics + style

Lionel

Hi Gary,

Only just read your offer (thank you). I'm (still) trying to convince myself to buy Lionels baby......

My current problem is I have a 2nd rifle I may never use now (passing ref to NV), and I'm half committed to another. [I love S410k's in .177]

If my name was 'Adrian' this decision would be a lot easier.