Quote Originally Posted by nickorette View Post
I plan on buying a Theoben MFR. The problem is I need to come up with the right power level for my airgunsmith to set the gun to. I need to balance power and consistancy. Obviosuly the lower the power, the higher the shot count per charge, and therefore better shot-to-shot consistancy.

I'd like to go as low as possible with out being too low, so my lowest limit would be 18 ft lbs. The highest I'd like to go is 24 ft lbs.

Now this is where it gets long range... I go to a range and would like to try out 100 yard shooting. Most of my shots will be within 50 yards for any kind of practical use, it's just something I'd like to give a go and see how it does.

So basically, between 18 and 24 ft lbs, what would you choose for 100 yard accuracy?

You dont state what cali it is so i will give you some info on a few.
If its a .177 then 18ftlb with JSB's 10.3gr are superb.
If its a .20 then 24ftlb is great with JSB's .20.
.22 then 32-34ftlb with bis mags 21.3gr is the way to go.

My MFR is running at 32ftlb in .22 , but it had some modifications done ie. it has a L/W barrel and a awt silencer , it has no shrouded barrel took it off as the rifle was too long with that set up and 16ins so shot count was poor but with this set up it has a 19ins barrel and gives me 50 full power shots. Also re-worked reg and trigger but its well worth it.