Thread: Ham & petersham rifle club open day

Ham & petersham rifle club open day

Ham & Petersham Rifle club have an open day this sunday they have 9 ranges and club guns including Logun solo's air arms s200 Ruger 1022's and winchester gallery rifles and prone rifle, Black powder etc

any one welcome

http://www.hprpc.co.uk/Business/visitors/guest_day.htm
    Who turned out the lights......

I hate to say this but you are actually breaking the law. Luckily the Police aren't too up on firearms law so the "we have an arrangement with the police" bit hopefully means you'll get away with it. Not sure about insurance if there was an accident.

Only shotgun and air rifles allow "day membership" where joe public can shoot on the same day as they first visit. Guest days are only for people known to an existing member or members of a club such as the scouts or WI.

Even the national shooting week website had this when you went to look for details about target shooting it said
    Many thanks for showing interest in this type of shooting event. Due to current legislation members of the public cannot currently walk in off the street and participate without undergoing a strict vetting procedure and police checks. However, this Event Organiser is keen to promote the club and so will perhaps be holding an introductory day to talk about the various sporting disciplines or running a guest day for members of a recognised organisation such as the Women's Institute or the Scouts. For more information about the club and its involvement in National Shooting Week, please get in touch with the event organiser – their contact details will be in the results of your ‘Find an event near you’ search.
    The NRA also confirmed this. They said that the NRA are the only people who can have true open days

But like I said, luckily most clubs get away with it.
    Last edited by bullbarrel; 29-07-2008 at 05:15 PM.

I think you'll find that any member of the public can shoot firearms at a club open day event as long as they sign a Section 21 declaration stating they have no criminal record that would prevent them from having an FAC.

Our club has a regular guest day and this is how we do it.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by 20series View Post
    I think you'll find that any member of the public can shoot firearms at a club open day event as long as they sign a Section 21 declaration stating they have no criminal record that would prevent them from having an FAC.

Our club has a regular guest day and this is how we do it.

Alan
    I think you'll find you are breaking the law if they are not known to an existing full member and its a guest day (no such thing as an open day) and plod know 48 hours before hand.

The the "any member" of the public that the dodgy bit. But as most police forces aren't great on firearms law its unlikely to be enforced......

Interesting point and one I will raise tomorrow when I am down there - however I'd be reasonably confident this is a legal activity - as pointed out a guest day. We are allowed 12 'non-members may shoot FAC' days a year and these are then allocated to the first sunday every month.

Cheers

Stu
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I hope the club can continue doing this, because this sort of thing is necessary for our shooting sports to grow.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

well said jim ...its all getting out of hand