Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zero at 35yds 3" to the left at 55 yds?

FLEETY Guest

zero

smiler
    I have also had this but being a novice could not sought it out,
    I have got MK3 & tried to set eveything up as I proceded bang on @ 35 yds & worked my way out to 55 yrds & be hold fine but all shots were going to the right ( help I thought to my self but took advice & try different pellets) Which I did & behold as I was shooting & 55 yrds with a different pellet (which I found to be the correct one for the gun) & getting dead on groups I worked inward yardage wise & found all was OK after that. It may be the answer i do not know but I still think to my self why do one make of pellets shot to POI to others. Hope this helps
    Fleety

submariner Guest
    I was interested in this problem.
    Buying some new mounts the sportsmatch say they fit 9.5 to 11.5 mm dovetails. As they only clamp on one side I checked my dovetail width. Hmm it was 11mm. So I think that means the scope will be 0.5mm out of line with barrell i.e. 0.5 to the left of the barrel or am I missing something?
    If so then I must be setting the scope windage to aim right a little at say 20 yards [if this is my zero] - So therefore when I aim at 60 yards will I only be 1.5mm off to the right theoretically or am I off with my theory

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Originally posted by submariner
    If so then I must be setting the scope windage to aim right a little at say 20 yards [if this is my zero] - So therefore when I aim at 60 yards will I only be 1.5mm off to the right theoretically or am I off with my theory
    Exactly - not too big a deal is is ?

To work aroud the prob, you could zero the gun so it's 1/2mm off, then it wil always be 1/2mm off at any range
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

nath Guest
    i would never pack a scope on the side but if your scopes on the cant try setting it up with a level downrange and one on your gun always works for me or your barrels bent

Tigger C Guest
    It doese'nt take much of a breeze to shift the point of impact at fifty five yards! Come to think of it doese'nt take much of a wobble to produce this problem either, or poor trigger technique either. No offence, just trying to be constructive
    Regards
    Chris.